Apr 27, 2011, 9:25 PM EDT
Nationals right-hander Livan Hernandez is reportedly the subject of a federal investigation involving money laundering for Angel Ayala Vazquez, a convicted drug trafficker in Puerto Rico.
According to a report on Puerto Rican news site El Vocero, Hernandez is one of several celebrities being investigated and could face charges of money laundering and bank fraud. The report said Hernandez testified in relation to the Vazquez case in front of a grand jury in the summer of 2009. He spent most of that season pitching for the Mets before being signed by the Nationals on Aug. 26.
As part of the case against Vazquez, Hernandez’s name was mentioned multiple times by various witnesses as a figurehead or prominent part of Ayala Vazquez’s operation. During the trial, U.S.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Michael Taylor
- Trio of Nats coaches will remain in organization
- MLB Playoffs continue with 4 Division Series games
- Roster review: Bryce Harper
- Important offseason dates to consider for the Nationals
- Ripken on Nats manager job: 'I'd answer the phone'
- Both ALDS shift to Texas for Game 3s
- Both NL Division Series continue with Saturday doubleheader
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action