Apr 28, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
Bryce Harper has had quite an eventful week. After his pro career got off to a sluggish start, the 18-year-old outfielder has gone on a bit of a tear. He's homered in three of his last five games, this after getting contact lenses upon learning his vision wasn't so great. He crashed into the wall in Hagerstown making a catch and missed the second half of a doubleheader because of it.
Last night, Harper squared off against Jameson Taillon, the right-hander selected by the Pirates one spot behind him in last summer's draft. Taillon, in his minor-league debut, walked Harper in the top of the first, then didn't face him again because heavy rain forced the suspension of the game after two innings.
Harper had already made headlines the previous night when he exchanged some words with West Virginia's catcher after crossing the plate upon homering. When Harper struck out looking later in the game, he and the opposing pitcher started jabbering back and forth,Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg starts as Nats host Phillies in series finale
- Zimmermann still trying to find groove
- Embattled Desmond: "I'm gonna get through it"
- Span likely to make season debut Sunday
- Phillies 5, Nats 3: Desmond's woes open door for Phillies
- Nats waiting for MRI on Escobar's groin strain
- Zimmermann tries to lead Nats to 4th straight W
- Impressive Scherzer giving Nats lots of innings
- Nats 7, Phillies 2: Harper homers, Scherzer cruises
- Escobar leaves Nats game with strained groin