Apr 28, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
Bryce Harper has had quite an eventful week. After his pro career got off to a sluggish start, the 18-year-old outfielder has gone on a bit of a tear. He's homered in three of his last five games, this after getting contact lenses upon learning his vision wasn't so great. He crashed into the wall in Hagerstown making a catch and missed the second half of a doubleheader because of it.
Last night, Harper squared off against Jameson Taillon, the right-hander selected by the Pirates one spot behind him in last summer's draft. Taillon, in his minor-league debut, walked Harper in the top of the first, then didn't face him again because heavy rain forced the suspension of the game after two innings.
Harper had already made headlines the previous night when he exchanged some words with West Virginia's catcher after crossing the plate upon homering. When Harper struck out looking later in the game, he and the opposing pitcher started jabbering back and forth,Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game
- Time for Nationals to find a long-term manager
- Were the Nationals patient enough with Williams as manager?
- Nats begin search for their next manager
- A rocky two years: Matt Williams' tenure as Nats manager
- Cross Scioscia off list of potential Nats manager candidates