Apr 28, 2011, 2:18 PM EST
Bryce Harper has had quite an eventful week. After his pro career got off to a sluggish start, the 18-year-old outfielder has gone on a bit of a tear. He's homered in three of his last five games, this after getting contact lenses upon learning his vision wasn't so great. He crashed into the wall in Hagerstown making a catch and missed the second half of a doubleheader because of it.
Last night, Harper squared off against Jameson Taillon, the right-hander selected by the Pirates one spot behind him in last summer's draft. Taillon, in his minor-league debut, walked Harper in the top of the first, then didn't face him again because heavy rain forced the suspension of the game after two innings.
Harper had already made headlines the previous night when he exchanged some words with West Virginia's catcher after crossing the plate upon homering. When Harper struck out looking later in the game, he and the opposing pitcher started jabbering back and forth,Read more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Eventful BP for Harper, update on Werth in Tuesday's workout
- Desmond, Rendon like what they see from Zimmerman at 1B
- Scherzer to start exhibition opener vs. Mets
- Bryce Harper does a pretty epic videobomb on Anthony Rendon
- ESPN throws shade on Nats' jerseys, calling them among worst in MLB
- On the cusp of majors, Taylor bides his time
- Mets pitcher really, really does not like defensive shifts
- Dodgers sign former Phillies free agent bust
- Nats sign son of MLB legend to minor-league deal
- Zimmerman getting used to working with fellow infielders at 1B