Apr 29, 2011, 7:31 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals will have their hands full tonight with Tim Lincecum and the Giants.
A struggling lineup without its best hitter facing the defending World Series champions and their ace right-hander? Sounds like a recipe for disaster, right?
Well, maybe not. Yes, the Nationals are going up against Tim Lincecum and the Giants tonight in the first of a four-game series on South Capitol Street. But Lincecum is coming off a shaky start last week against the Braves, and San Francisco's lineup has been shaky throughout the season's first three weeks. And to top it off, the Nats actually beat Lincecum last year at AT&T Park, knocking him out after 4 2/3 innings.
We'll see if tonight's lineup — featuring Wilson Ramos and Laynce Nix — can do it to Lincecum again. And we'll see if Jason Marquis can keep up his early-season string of quality starts.
I'm covering the Capitals' game tonight at Verizon Center, but Rich Dubroff (who has been covering baseball in this area for years) will be filling in and filing articles to CSNwashington.com. I'll be sure to link to them here…
GIANTS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), XM 188
Weather: Partly cloudy, 63 degrees, Wind 13 mph LF to RF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Rick Ankiel
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats bats come alive late in 6-4 win over Marlins
- Reed Johnson has surgery, could be out a while
- Barrett seizing setup role but watching workload
- Janssen close to big step in rehab from shoulder tendinitis
- Rendon diagnosed with new injury, shut down by Nats doctors
- 'Baseball in the District' - Marlins' voice Glenn Geffner
- The Baseball Show: A turning point last week?
- State of the Nats: An impressive weekend in New York
- Fister pitches Nationals to 2nd straight 1-0 win over Mets
- Span returns to Nats lineup after missing several games