Apr 29, 2011, 7:31 PM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals will have their hands full tonight with Tim Lincecum and the Giants.
A struggling lineup without its best hitter facing the defending World Series champions and their ace right-hander? Sounds like a recipe for disaster, right?
Well, maybe not. Yes, the Nationals are going up against Tim Lincecum and the Giants tonight in the first of a four-game series on South Capitol Street. But Lincecum is coming off a shaky start last week against the Braves, and San Francisco's lineup has been shaky throughout the season's first three weeks. And to top it off, the Nats actually beat Lincecum last year at AT&T Park, knocking him out after 4 2/3 innings.
We'll see if tonight's lineup — featuring Wilson Ramos and Laynce Nix — can do it to Lincecum again. And we'll see if Jason Marquis can keep up his early-season string of quality starts.
I'm covering the Capitals' game tonight at Verizon Center, but Rich Dubroff (who has been covering baseball in this area for years) will be filling in and filing articles to CSNwashington.com. I'll be sure to link to them here…
GIANTS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), XM 188
Weather: Partly cloudy, 63 degrees, Wind 13 mph LF to RF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Rick Ankiel
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett
- Nats sign pair of veterans to minor-league deals
- Rizzo happy to bring reliever Sean Burnett back to Nats