Apr 30, 2011, 4:47 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
John Lannan faces Jonathan Sanchez in a rare 4:05 p.m. game at Nationals Park.
After Jason Marquis' shutout gem last night, what does John Lannan have in store for the Giants today? The left-hander hasn't been spectacular so far this season, but he hasn't been poor, either. Kind of typical John Lannan, to be honest, though I'm sure he expects more out of himself (especially since he's yet to reach the seventh inning in five starts).
Lannan will be facing another lefty in Jonathan Sanchez, who has yet to surrender more than three earned runs in any start this year. Jim Riggleman's lineup includes Wilson Ramos, Michael Morse and Jerry Hairston.
I'm back at the ballpark today for this rare late-afternoon start (Fox has the 1-4 p.m. TV window, which explains the 4:05 p.m. first pitch), so check back for updates throughout…
GIANTS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 4:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 188
Weather: Sunny, 67 degrees, Wind 9 mph in from LF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Rick Ankiel
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:35 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals lament close call in loss to Phillies
- Nats struggle early, lose in controversial fashion to Phillies
- LaRoche gets rare night off with tight back
- Gonzalez faces Hamels in showdown of southpaws
- Nats' Triple-A affiliate Syracuse raking in postseason awards
- A primer on postseason roster eligibility rules
- Around the NL East: Stanton making strong push for NL MVP
- Nationals can't pull off dramatic rally this time
- Nats' momentum stalls vs. Phillies in first game of long road trip
- Cabrera out of lineup, but not seriously injured