Apr 30, 2011, 4:47 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
John Lannan faces Jonathan Sanchez in a rare 4:05 p.m. game at Nationals Park.
After Jason Marquis' shutout gem last night, what does John Lannan have in store for the Giants today? The left-hander hasn't been spectacular so far this season, but he hasn't been poor, either. Kind of typical John Lannan, to be honest, though I'm sure he expects more out of himself (especially since he's yet to reach the seventh inning in five starts).
Lannan will be facing another lefty in Jonathan Sanchez, who has yet to surrender more than three earned runs in any start this year. Jim Riggleman's lineup includes Wilson Ramos, Michael Morse and Jerry Hairston.
I'm back at the ballpark today for this rare late-afternoon start (Fox has the 1-4 p.m. TV window, which explains the 4:05 p.m. first pitch), so check back for updates throughout…
GIANTS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 4:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 188
Weather: Sunny, 67 degrees, Wind 9 mph in from LF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Rick Ankiel
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Bryce Harper travels through time in new ad (VIDEO)
- Williams faces first real test as Nationals manager
- Nats' defensive mistakes add up in loss to Cardinals
- Nats lose 8-0 to Cardinals on Wainwright's two-hitter
- Span scores three runs for Hagerstown in minor league rehab game
- Doug Fister pitches in Viera, timetable for return set
- Bryce Harper back in Nats’ lineup to face Cardinals
- Nats return home to face Wainwright, Cardinals
- MLB Power Rankings: Brewers making noise
- Nationals dominating opponents late in games