Apr 30, 2011, 3:59 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
Jason Marquis was brilliant in out-dueling Tim Lincecum tonight.
Is it safe to say Jason Marquis has officially put his disastrous 2010 behind him? The right-hander certainly has done everything in his power to reverse the trend so far this year, capped tonight by a brilliant, 3-0 shutout of the Giants and ace Tim Lincecum.
Marquis, who needed only 96 pitches to complete his first shutout in nearly two years, is now 3-0 with a 2.62 ERA. He was aided tonight by an opportunistic Nationals lineup that scored three runs off Lincecum, two of them on a Laynce Nix homer.
Ian Desmond also continued his hot streak at the plate, going 3-for-3 with a stolen base. In two games since rejoining the club following the birth of his son, the young shortstop has five hits and has collectively hit for the cycle.
Rich Dubroff has the full report of an impressive night at Nationals Park on CSNwashington.com.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Stephen Strasburg surrenders six in loss to Miami
- Braves fan trolls Nats with Wikipedia page entry (PHOTO)
- Strasburg looks to make it two in a row vs. Marlins
- Around the NL East: Braves rolling, Marlins reeling
- Orioles billboard spotted along D.C. line
- Driesell, Kolzig headline 2014 DC Sports Hall of Fame class
- Jordan Zimmermann goes seven in Nationals win over Miami
- Nationals' bench continues strong start in win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats look to stop losing streak
- State of the Nats: Moving on after the sweep