Apr 30, 2011, 3:59 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
Jason Marquis was brilliant in out-dueling Tim Lincecum tonight.
Is it safe to say Jason Marquis has officially put his disastrous 2010 behind him? The right-hander certainly has done everything in his power to reverse the trend so far this year, capped tonight by a brilliant, 3-0 shutout of the Giants and ace Tim Lincecum.
Marquis, who needed only 96 pitches to complete his first shutout in nearly two years, is now 3-0 with a 2.62 ERA. He was aided tonight by an opportunistic Nationals lineup that scored three runs off Lincecum, two of them on a Laynce Nix homer.
Ian Desmond also continued his hot streak at the plate, going 3-for-3 with a stolen base. In two games since rejoining the club following the birth of his son, the young shortstop has five hits and has collectively hit for the cycle.
Rich Dubroff has the full report of an impressive night at Nationals Park on CSNwashington.com.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth officially set to return from DL vs. Miami
- Nats' NL East rival trades for former fan favorite Clippard
- State of the Nats: Thinking big before the trade deadline?
- Strasburg to take big step in rehab on Wednesday
- Report: Padres wanted ex-prospect back from Nats in Kimbrel trade
- The Baseball Show: A rough start to the second half
- Brutal stretch for Nats has end in sight; Taylor's heating up
- Cole pitches Pirates past Nationals 3-1
- Rendon sits, as Nats aim for series split with Pirates
- Does weeklong tear mean Desmond is back?