May 1, 2011, 10:45 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Ivan Rodriguez congratulates Drew Storen at the end of the Nats’ 5-2 win.
No Ryan Zimmerman? On this day, no problem. The Nationals rode Jordan Zimmermann’s quality start, three hits from Jayson Werth and a clutch hit from Ivan Rodriguez to scratch out a 5-2 victory over the Giants today at Nationals Park.
Thus, the Zimmerman-less Nats have now taken two of three from the defending World Series champions, with a chance to take the series tomorrow night.
Rich Dubroff has the full story on CSNwashington.com.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"
- Nats rolling out special Fourth of July uniforms vs. Giants
- Robinson's seventh-inning homer good enough for 2-1 win
- Gonzalez heads to the mound to start series vs. Giants
- Williams got Division Series out of mind quickly
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats, Astros making a push
- Wacky way for Scherzer to take another loss
- Scherzer goes distance, but controversial call hands Nats loss