May 1, 2011, 10:45 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Ivan Rodriguez congratulates Drew Storen at the end of the Nats’ 5-2 win.
No Ryan Zimmerman? On this day, no problem. The Nationals rode Jordan Zimmermann’s quality start, three hits from Jayson Werth and a clutch hit from Ivan Rodriguez to scratch out a 5-2 victory over the Giants today at Nationals Park.
Thus, the Zimmerman-less Nats have now taken two of three from the defending World Series champions, with a chance to take the series tomorrow night.
Rich Dubroff has the full story on CSNwashington.com.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Roark gets the start for Nats at Wrigley
- State of the Nats: Rolling into Wrigley for Bryant vs. Harper
- Harper showing he can excel at 'the little things'
- Advice from teammates helps Gio get back on track vs. Phillies
- Anthony Rendon to take big step forward in rehab this week
- Strong Gio start secures another series win for Nats
- Nationals aim for another series win against Philly
- Still no answer for Strasburg's woes
- Strasburg rocked again during ugly 8-1 loss to Phillies
- Roark ready for Monday start in Chicago