May 1, 2011, 10:45 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Ivan Rodriguez congratulates Drew Storen at the end of the Nats’ 5-2 win.
No Ryan Zimmerman? On this day, no problem. The Nationals rode Jordan Zimmermann’s quality start, three hits from Jayson Werth and a clutch hit from Ivan Rodriguez to scratch out a 5-2 victory over the Giants today at Nationals Park.
Thus, the Zimmerman-less Nats have now taken two of three from the defending World Series champions, with a chance to take the series tomorrow night.
Rich Dubroff has the full story on CSNwashington.com.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Fister could be ready for season's first week
- Zimmermann leads Nats against Yankees' Sabathia
- Injuries highlight the importance of rotation depth
- Gio Gonzalez starts strong, but Astros top Nationals
- Bryce Harper repping new eye black company
- Gonzalez faces Astros under the lights in Viera
- Should Desmond be the Nationals' No. 2 hitter?
- Strasburg settles down, Nats rout Cardinals 11-1
- Strasburg leads Nationals against Cardinals
- Skole among first round of cuts at Nats camp