May 2, 2011, 7:40 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats try to take three of four from the Giants tonight at Nationals Park.
The Nationals had planned all season to celebrate Military Appreciation Night during tonight's game against the Giants. Little did anyone know how appropriate that would be. Should make for a compelling scene tonight at Nationals Park.
As a reminder to anyone who doesn't know: Any active or retired members of the military are welcome to show IDs at the First Street SE box office beginning at 5:30 p.m. and receive four complimentary tickets for themselves and their families.
As for the actual game, the Nationals will be looking to win their third game in four days against the defending World Series champs. It's a matchup of left-handers, with Tom Gorzelanny going up against Madison Bumgarner. Slumping Adam LaRoche gets the night off, with Michael Morse at first base, Jerry Hairston in left field and Brian Bixler at third base.
Updates to come throughout the evening…
GIANTS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 188
Weather: Cloudy, 72 degrees, Wind 9 mph RF to LF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Rick Ankiel
RF Jayson Werth
C Wilson Ramos
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats knock Braves out of the park in 15-1 pummeling
- Harper returns to Nats lineup, Taylor still hurting
- Strasburg will return next week to face Mets
- Nats look to take advantage of softer stretch, starting with Braves
- Updated: Nats add reliever, activate Moore
- Baseball in the District – Nats Insider Mark Zuckerman
- Zimmerman leads Nats not with words but example
- Nationals pull ahead late to get much-needed win vs. Cardinals
- Around the NL East: Mets being cautious with Harvey
- Bryce Harper leaves game with 'left glute tightness'