May 2, 2011, 2:59 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Jason Marquis leads the Nats' surprising rotation with three wins and a 2.62 ERA.
Though today is May 2 and the Nationals played yesterday, for practical purposes they've just now completed the first month of the 2011 season. With 27 games in the books, the Nats are exactly one-sixth of the way through the year.
These 27 games have featured no shortage of storylines, some surprising, some expected. Let's take a look at some of the numbers through the first official month of the baseball season, and see how the Nationals stack up…
Team ERA: 3.52 (10th in MLB, 6th in NL)
Rotation ERA: 3.55 (7th in MLB, 5th in NL)
Bullpen ERA: 3.48 (18th in MLB, 11th in NL)
Strikeouts: 162 (2nd fewest in MLB, Fewest in NL)
Walks: 77 (2nd fewest in MLB, 2nd fewest in NL)
Home runs allowed: 15 (T-2nd fewest in MLB, T-2nd fewest in NL)
Average: .229 (29th in MLB, 15th in NL)
On-base percentage: .308 (23rd in MLB, 13th in NL)Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
THU: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Has Strasburg earned Game 1 start in playoffs?
- Around the NL East: Braves on the verge of elimination
- After nailbiter, Nationals on the cusp of a clinch
- Strasburg dominates as Nats win 4-2
- Harper latest Nats player to come down with bug
- LaRoche named finalist for Man of Year award
- Zimmerman ready for game action in Viera
- Strasburg tries to exorcise Atlanta demons
- Nationals putting NLDS tickets on sale Monday
- State of the Nats: Nationals can clinch this week against rivals