May 6, 2011, 7:54 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals open a three-game series tonight at Sun Life Stadium.
Stuck in a three-game losing streak, desperately trying to get some production out of a lineup that has been among the majors' worst, the Nationals take the field tonight in Miami facing yet another uphill battle.
As if their longstanding struggles against the Marlins aren't enough to overcome, they must again try to do it without a full deck. For the fourth straight day, Rick Ankiel is out of the lineup with a wrist injury. For the third straight day, Michael Morse is out of the lineup with a knee injury. Not the easiest way to try to take down a tough right-hander like Ricky Nolasco.
Jordan Zimmermann is on the hill for the Nats, making his fourth career start against the Marlins. Though he doesn't own a victory yet, he's pitched quite well against them, especially last August 31 when he allowed one hit while striking out nine over six superb innings (in a 1-0 loss).
I'm not in Florida for this weekend's series, so please enjoy the conversation with each another…
NATIONALS at MARLINS
Where: Sun Life Stadium
Gametime: 7:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 188
Weather: Scattered storms, 79 degrees, Wind 7 mph out to LF
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Alex Cora
RF Jayson Werth
LF Laynce Nix
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats get big hit for big win
- Nationals grind their way to walk-off victory
- Former Nats catcher Chris Snyder retires from MLB
- Bryce Harper's 'nothing but hustle' Nats magazine (PHOTO)
- Espinosa making most of his playing opportunity
- Strasburg, Nats hope to turn page vs. Cardinals
- Harper, Williams and Werth on benching (VIDEO)
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals
- Nats activate Denard Span from 7-day DL, option Steven Souza, Jr.