May 7, 2011, 8:01 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats, with new leadoff hitter Roger Bernadina, face the Marlins tonight.
The Nationals, as surmised, officially recalled Roger Bernadina from Class AAA Syracuse today, filling the roster spot that opened when Rick Ankiel was placed on the DL. And, as you had to figure, Bernadina is being thrown right into the fire as leadoff man and center fielder.
Danny Espinosa, just 5 for his last 44, gets bumped all the way down to the 8 spot, with Ian Desmond in the 2-hole behind Bernadina. Michael Morse remains out of the lineup for the fourth straight day with a sore knee.
Tom Gorzelanny, fresh off one of the best starts of his career, gets the ball for the Nationals. He's opposed by right-hander Chris Volstad, owner of a 5.33 career ERA against the Nats, starts for the Marlins.
I'm not in Florida this weekend, so enjoy the game and the always lively conversation here…
NATIONALS at MARLINS
Where: Sun Life Stadium
Gametime: 7:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 189
Weather: Partly cloudy, 81 degrees, Wind 7 mph in from RF
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Now in 2nd place, Nats not scoreboard watching yet
- Struggling Nats out of 1st place in NL East
- Nats lose to Arizona, fall out of first place
- Strasburg strong in 2nd rehab start, next stop D.C.?
- Papelbon offers advice on pennant race pressure
- Updated: Good news for Carpenter, Span close to live BP
- Nats return home hoping to get back on track vs. D'Backs
- After sweep, Vegas sees Nats and Mets trending in different directions
- Postponement gives Nats new home finale
- The Baseball Show: Is NL East up for grabs?