May 7, 2011, 8:01 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats, with new leadoff hitter Roger Bernadina, face the Marlins tonight.
The Nationals, as surmised, officially recalled Roger Bernadina from Class AAA Syracuse today, filling the roster spot that opened when Rick Ankiel was placed on the DL. And, as you had to figure, Bernadina is being thrown right into the fire as leadoff man and center fielder.
Danny Espinosa, just 5 for his last 44, gets bumped all the way down to the 8 spot, with Ian Desmond in the 2-hole behind Bernadina. Michael Morse remains out of the lineup for the fourth straight day with a sore knee.
Tom Gorzelanny, fresh off one of the best starts of his career, gets the ball for the Nationals. He's opposed by right-hander Chris Volstad, owner of a 5.33 career ERA against the Nats, starts for the Marlins.
I'm not in Florida this weekend, so enjoy the game and the always lively conversation here…
NATIONALS at MARLINS
Where: Sun Life Stadium
Gametime: 7:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 189
Weather: Partly cloudy, 81 degrees, Wind 7 mph in from RF
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 4:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mariners will have familiar face as manager vs. Nats this weekend
- Nats extend deal with Auburn Doubledays of NYP League
- Baseball in the District - MLB radio's Casey Stern & Todd Dybas
- Reason to worry about Nats after 3-game sweep?
- Back-to-back struggles by Fister surprise Nats
- Phillies sweep red-hot Nationals
- LIVE THREAD: Nationals, Fister face Phillies on the road
- LaRoche confident back issue won't linger
- Can Doug Fister prevent Phillies from sweeping Nationals?
- The Nationals offense gets significantly quieter after blowout wins