May 10, 2011, 8:37 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals face longtime nemesis Tim Hudson tonight at Turner Field.
The last thing a struggling lineup needs right now is a date with a pitcher who historically has dominated this franchise like few others. But that's what the Nationals get tonight in Tim Hudson and the Braves.
The Nats have scored an average of 2.8 runs over their last 18 games. The Braves have allowed an average of 2.4 earned runs over their last 16 games. Hudson's career numbers in 19 starts against the Nationals/Expos: 11-2, 1.88 ERA. Obviously, this doesn't appear to be a favorable match-up.
But, this is why they play the games. Jason Marquis starts for the Nats, looking to recapture the impressive form he displayed before the Phillies got to him last week. I'm not in Atlanta, but please continue the conversation as always…
NATIONALS at BRAVES
Where: Turner Field
Gametime: 7:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
Weather: Partly cloudy, 87 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to CF
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Tanner Roark
- Span will return to Nats, LaRoche & Soriano won't
- Trio of Nationals players become free agents
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent