May 10, 2011, 8:37 PM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals face longtime nemesis Tim Hudson tonight at Turner Field.
The last thing a struggling lineup needs right now is a date with a pitcher who historically has dominated this franchise like few others. But that's what the Nationals get tonight in Tim Hudson and the Braves.
The Nats have scored an average of 2.8 runs over their last 18 games. The Braves have allowed an average of 2.4 earned runs over their last 16 games. Hudson's career numbers in 19 starts against the Nationals/Expos: 11-2, 1.88 ERA. Obviously, this doesn't appear to be a favorable match-up.
But, this is why they play the games. Jason Marquis starts for the Nats, looking to recapture the impressive form he displayed before the Phillies got to him last week. I'm not in Atlanta, but please continue the conversation as always…
NATIONALS at BRAVES
Where: Turner Field
Gametime: 7:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
Weather: Partly cloudy, 87 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to CF
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Could baseball return to Montreal? Maybe, possibly
- Nate McLouth called LaRoche before joining Nats
- NatsFest 2014 details announced with new venue
- Nats announce McLouth signing, DFA Corey Brown
- MLB's Rangers draft NFL quarterback Russell Wilson
- PHOTO: Jerry Blevins very excited to be a National
- Nationals lose catcher Nieto in Rule 5 draft
- Michael Morse signs with San Francisco Giants
- MLB rules committee votes to outlaw home plate collisions
- 3 deals in 10 days leave Nats in good shape