May 10, 2011, 8:37 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals face longtime nemesis Tim Hudson tonight at Turner Field.
The last thing a struggling lineup needs right now is a date with a pitcher who historically has dominated this franchise like few others. But that's what the Nationals get tonight in Tim Hudson and the Braves.
The Nats have scored an average of 2.8 runs over their last 18 games. The Braves have allowed an average of 2.4 earned runs over their last 16 games. Hudson's career numbers in 19 starts against the Nationals/Expos: 11-2, 1.88 ERA. Obviously, this doesn't appear to be a favorable match-up.
But, this is why they play the games. Jason Marquis starts for the Nats, looking to recapture the impressive form he displayed before the Phillies got to him last week. I'm not in Atlanta, but please continue the conversation as always…
NATIONALS at BRAVES
Where: Turner Field
Gametime: 7:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
Weather: Partly cloudy, 87 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to CF
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- More observations from Sunday's 3-2 win
- Nats get big hit for big win
- Nationals grind their way to walk-off victory
- Former Nats catcher Chris Snyder retires from MLB
- Bryce Harper's 'nothing but hustle' Nats magazine (PHOTO)
- Espinosa making most of his playing opportunity
- Strasburg, Nats hope to turn page vs. Cardinals
- Harper, Williams and Werth on benching (VIDEO)
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals