May 11, 2011, 6:57 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals try to make it two in a row tonight at Turner Field.
John Lannan was not very good the last time he stood on a mound facing a big-league opponent. His two-inning outing in Philadelphia was among the worst in his career, and it left the left-hander with a 2-4 record and 5.09 ERA. Tonight, Lannan has a chance to put that start behind him and get himself back on track. He'll be facing a Braves club he's performed quite well against in the past (6-4, 3.27 ERA in 11 career starts).
For the eighth straight game, Laynce Nix will be starting in left field. Clearly, Michael Morse's knee is not 100 percent. Nix has helped his cause by coming through with some big hits, including last night's three-run homer. Roger Bernadina also remains in center field and leading off.
As you know by now, I'm not in Atlanta for this series. As always, please keep the conversation lively and interesting…
NATIONALS at BRAVES
Where: Turner Field
Gametime: 7:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
Weather: Partly cloudy, 87 degrees, Wind 4 mph out to CF
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Nats to interview former manager of year for open job
- Report: Former Nats player to interview for open manager job
- Mets, Cubs aim to clinch NLCS berths as playoffs continue
- Report: Nats interviewed former All-Star for manager position
- Nationals roster review: Michael Taylor
- Trio of Nats coaches will remain in organization
- MLB Playoffs continue with 4 Division Series games
- Roster review: Bryce Harper
- Important offseason dates to consider for the Nationals
- Ripken on Nats manager job: 'I'd answer the phone'