May 11, 2011, 6:57 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals try to make it two in a row tonight at Turner Field.
John Lannan was not very good the last time he stood on a mound facing a big-league opponent. His two-inning outing in Philadelphia was among the worst in his career, and it left the left-hander with a 2-4 record and 5.09 ERA. Tonight, Lannan has a chance to put that start behind him and get himself back on track. He'll be facing a Braves club he's performed quite well against in the past (6-4, 3.27 ERA in 11 career starts).
For the eighth straight game, Laynce Nix will be starting in left field. Clearly, Michael Morse's knee is not 100 percent. Nix has helped his cause by coming through with some big hits, including last night's three-run homer. Roger Bernadina also remains in center field and leading off.
As you know by now, I'm not in Atlanta for this series. As always, please keep the conversation lively and interesting…
NATIONALS at BRAVES
Where: Turner Field
Gametime: 7:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
Weather: Partly cloudy, 87 degrees, Wind 4 mph out to CF
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Rockies, 8:40 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Rockies, 8:40 p.m.
WED: Nats at Rockies, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Ian Desmond notches five hits, Nats rock Colorado
- Harper sits, Zimmerman in left as Nats face Rockies
- NL East: Lee and Cishek drawing interest on trade market
- Dan Uggla signs with the San Francisco Giants
- Nats fan sports 'Curly W' beard (PHOTO)
- State of the Nats: 9-game road trip begins Monday
- Resurgent Zimmerman leads Nats' potent lineup
- Werth, Rendon, scouting come together in Nats win
- Instant analysis: Nats 5, Brewers 4
- Nationals try to overcome pinch-hitting woes