May 13, 2011, 4:42 PM EST
If you’ve been trying to access NatsInsider.com since Thursday afternoon, you’ve surely noticed the site hasn’t been working properly. That’s because Google’s Blogger platform, under which Nats Insider is published, experienced a major technological glitch Thursday while attempting to institute an update.
All Blogger-published blogs around the world, including Nats Insider, were stuck in “Read-Only” mode for nearly 24 hours. It wasn’t possible to create or edit articles, and it wasn’t possible for anyone to post comments.
Google insisted it was working round the clock on fixing this obviously major glitch and hoped to restore every site to its normal state soon. Well, it appears we’re back up and running, though we’ve lost several postings from Wednesday evening and all day Thursday. I’ll attempt to get those back up at some point.
Hopefully this is the end of the technical difficulties, though please note if you do continue to experience problems: I’ll be running my regular posts on CSNwashington.com. I’ve already got this morning’s Nats-Marlins series preview up there, and should I be unable to post on Nats Insider later, you can find tonight’s game thread (with live updates from Nationals Park) there as well.
To all Nats Insider readers: Thank you for your patience, thanks for your loyalty and thanks for understanding why this all has happened.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera