May 13, 2011, 4:42 PM EST
If you’ve been trying to access NatsInsider.com since Thursday afternoon, you’ve surely noticed the site hasn’t been working properly. That’s because Google’s Blogger platform, under which Nats Insider is published, experienced a major technological glitch Thursday while attempting to institute an update.
All Blogger-published blogs around the world, including Nats Insider, were stuck in “Read-Only” mode for nearly 24 hours. It wasn’t possible to create or edit articles, and it wasn’t possible for anyone to post comments.
Google insisted it was working round the clock on fixing this obviously major glitch and hoped to restore every site to its normal state soon. Well, it appears we’re back up and running, though we’ve lost several postings from Wednesday evening and all day Thursday. I’ll attempt to get those back up at some point.
Hopefully this is the end of the technical difficulties, though please note if you do continue to experience problems: I’ll be running my regular posts on CSNwashington.com. I’ve already got this morning’s Nats-Marlins series preview up there, and should I be unable to post on Nats Insider later, you can find tonight’s game thread (with live updates from Nationals Park) there as well.
To all Nats Insider readers: Thank you for your patience, thanks for your loyalty and thanks for understanding why this all has happened.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Who is the Nats' best player at his position?
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: Wilmer Difo
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair