May 13, 2011, 7:31 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
After a mostly successful road trip, the Nats are back home tonight.
It's been 11 days since the Nationals last played a home game, and plenty has transpired since then. There was a sweep at the hands of the Phillies in Philadelphia, then an impressive series win in Florida, then a near-sweep of the Braves in Atlanta before a collapse last night.
We've seen Laynce Nix essentially take over as the starting left fielder in place of Michael Morse. We've seen Roger Bernadina take over as the starting center fielder while Rick Ankiel is on the DL. We've seen Drew Storen essentially take over as closer and be incredibly effective at, too. (Did you know he hasn't allowed an earned run since his first outing of the season?)
And, of course, we saw Nats Insider go down for about 21 hours. Thankfully, the issue has been resolved. There are still several postings (and hundreds of comments) missing from late Wednesday and all day yesterday). If you happened to miss my article on Bryce Harper's vision correction and the local optometrist who has worked with him, here's a link to that.
Thanks to everyone for your patience through this. I'm back at the ballpark tonight, and I'll have updates throughout, so please check back often…
MARLINS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 187
Weather: Chance of showers, 65 degrees, Wind 8 mph RF to LF
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper shows off Redskins hat en route to Super Bowl
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Gio Gonzalez be more consistent?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Stephen Strasburg's contract year
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- Report: All-Star catcher Lucroy has Nats on no-trade list
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Max Scherzer more important in Year 2
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: An important year for Wilson Ramos