May 17, 2011, 3:06 PM EST
Today's scheduled game against the Pirates has been postponed due to today's expected heavy rain.
No makeup date has been announced, but Pittsburgh returns to town July 1-3. A doubleheader on Saturday, July 2 is a possibility.
This is already the fourth Nationals game this season to be postponed due to rain.
UPDATE AT 2:25 P.M. — If you haven't heard this news yet: Jordan Zimmermann, today's scheduled starter, will be skipped over in the rotation due to today's rainout. There's nothing wrong with Zimmermann, it's just an opportunity for the Nats to limit his innings count, something they've been planning to do all year. So Tom Gorzelanny will start tomorrow night's game in New York, with Livan Hernandez following on Thursday. Jason Marquis, John Lannan and Zimmermann will then pitch in Baltimore next weekend.
In other news today, the Nationals have placed left-hander Oliver Perez on the roster at Class AA Harrisburg. Perez, signed to a minor-Read more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett