May 17, 2011, 3:06 PM EDT
Today's scheduled game against the Pirates has been postponed due to today's expected heavy rain.
No makeup date has been announced, but Pittsburgh returns to town July 1-3. A doubleheader on Saturday, July 2 is a possibility.
This is already the fourth Nationals game this season to be postponed due to rain.
UPDATE AT 2:25 P.M. — If you haven't heard this news yet: Jordan Zimmermann, today's scheduled starter, will be skipped over in the rotation due to today's rainout. There's nothing wrong with Zimmermann, it's just an opportunity for the Nats to limit his innings count, something they've been planning to do all year. So Tom Gorzelanny will start tomorrow night's game in New York, with Livan Hernandez following on Thursday. Jason Marquis, John Lannan and Zimmermann will then pitch in Baltimore next weekend.
In other news today, the Nationals have placed left-hander Oliver Perez on the roster at Class AA Harrisburg. Perez, signed to a minor-Read more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Gio Gonzalez starts strong, but Astros top Nationals
- Bryce Harper repping new eye black company
- Gonzalez faces Astros under the lights in Viera
- Should Desmond be the Nationals' No. 2 hitter?
- Strasburg settles down, Nats rout Cardinals 11-1
- Strasburg leads Nationals against Cardinals
- Skole among first round of cuts at Nats camp
- Rosenthal pain-free, Wacha pitches well for Cards
- Zimmerman, LaRoche homers lift Nationals over Atlanta
- Nationals split-squads face Braves, Cardinals