May 17, 2011, 3:06 PM EDT
Today's scheduled game against the Pirates has been postponed due to today's expected heavy rain.
No makeup date has been announced, but Pittsburgh returns to town July 1-3. A doubleheader on Saturday, July 2 is a possibility.
This is already the fourth Nationals game this season to be postponed due to rain.
UPDATE AT 2:25 P.M. — If you haven't heard this news yet: Jordan Zimmermann, today's scheduled starter, will be skipped over in the rotation due to today's rainout. There's nothing wrong with Zimmermann, it's just an opportunity for the Nats to limit his innings count, something they've been planning to do all year. So Tom Gorzelanny will start tomorrow night's game in New York, with Livan Hernandez following on Thursday. Jason Marquis, John Lannan and Zimmermann will then pitch in Baltimore next weekend.
In other news today, the Nationals have placed left-hander Oliver Perez on the roster at Class AA Harrisburg. Perez, signed to a minor-Read more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems
- Janssen unlikely for opener with shoulder tendinitis
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon
- Nats sign veteran outfielder recently cut by Marlins
- Nats trade lefty reliever to Mets for veteran outfielder
- Storen leaves game with blister on big toe
- Mets find lefty relief help in trade with Padres
- Jordan gets chance to face Cardinals
- Report: Mets strill trying to trade veteran starter
- Nats trade veteran catcher to Red Sox