May 17, 2011, 3:06 PM EDT
Today's scheduled game against the Pirates has been postponed due to today's expected heavy rain.
No makeup date has been announced, but Pittsburgh returns to town July 1-3. A doubleheader on Saturday, July 2 is a possibility.
This is already the fourth Nationals game this season to be postponed due to rain.
UPDATE AT 2:25 P.M. — If you haven't heard this news yet: Jordan Zimmermann, today's scheduled starter, will be skipped over in the rotation due to today's rainout. There's nothing wrong with Zimmermann, it's just an opportunity for the Nats to limit his innings count, something they've been planning to do all year. So Tom Gorzelanny will start tomorrow night's game in New York, with Livan Hernandez following on Thursday. Jason Marquis, John Lannan and Zimmermann will then pitch in Baltimore next weekend.
In other news today, the Nationals have placed left-hander Oliver Perez on the roster at Class AA Harrisburg. Perez, signed to a minor-Read more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giants surge past Royals 11-4 to tie Series 2-all
- Nationals Arizona Fall League update
- Royals edge Giants 3-2 for 2-1 World Series lead
- Nationals roster review: Kevin Frandsen
- Nats announce front office changes, including several promotions
- World Series shifts to San Francisco for Game 3
- Manager Joe Maddon opts out of contract with Rays
- Nationals roster review: Jose Lobaton
- Phillies CEO does not expect team to compete for a while
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest