May 19, 2011, 2:46 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats need to win today at Citi Field to avoid a two-game sweep.
NEW YORK — No rest for the weary. After enduring last night's 3-0 loss, not to mention plenty of rain, the Nationals are back at the ballpark this morning for the finale of this brief, two-game series with the Mets. They aren't exactly getting to spend a lot of quality time in the Big Apple on this trip.
Seeking to get some semblance of pop from his lineup, Jim Riggleman has moved Jayson Werth to the cleanup spot, with Laynce Nix in the 3-hole. We'll see what the manager has to say about that switch, but my hunch is that he's trying to find a way to get Werth to the plate with some men in scoring position.
Livan Hernandez, who was very good last time out against the Marlins but still suffered the loss, starts today against Mets right-hander Dillon Gee. Plenty of updates to come, so please check back often…
NATIONALS at METS
Where: Citi Field
Gametime: 1:10 p.m.
Radio: WFED (1500 AM), WHFS (1580 AM), XM 183
Weather: Cloudy, 68 degrees, Wind 8 mph RF to LF
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
LF Laynce Nix
RF Jayson Werth
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth officially set to return from DL vs. Miami
- Nats' NL East rival trades for former fan favorite Clippard
- State of the Nats: Thinking big before the trade deadline?
- Strasburg to take big step in rehab on Wednesday
- Report: Padres wanted ex-prospect back from Nats in Kimbrel trade
- The Baseball Show: A rough start to the second half
- Brutal stretch for Nats has end in sight; Taylor's heating up
- Cole pitches Pirates past Nationals 3-1
- Rendon sits, as Nats aim for series split with Pirates
- Does weeklong tear mean Desmond is back?