May 19, 2011, 2:46 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats need to win today at Citi Field to avoid a two-game sweep.
NEW YORK — No rest for the weary. After enduring last night's 3-0 loss, not to mention plenty of rain, the Nationals are back at the ballpark this morning for the finale of this brief, two-game series with the Mets. They aren't exactly getting to spend a lot of quality time in the Big Apple on this trip.
Seeking to get some semblance of pop from his lineup, Jim Riggleman has moved Jayson Werth to the cleanup spot, with Laynce Nix in the 3-hole. We'll see what the manager has to say about that switch, but my hunch is that he's trying to find a way to get Werth to the plate with some men in scoring position.
Livan Hernandez, who was very good last time out against the Marlins but still suffered the loss, starts today against Mets right-hander Dillon Gee. Plenty of updates to come, so please check back often…
NATIONALS at METS
Where: Citi Field
Gametime: 1:10 p.m.
Radio: WFED (1500 AM), WHFS (1580 AM), XM 183
Weather: Cloudy, 68 degrees, Wind 8 mph RF to LF
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
LF Laynce Nix
RF Jayson Werth
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Deconstructing the Nationals' game-winning rally
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper has rough week
- How secure is struggling Jordan's rotation spot?
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels