May 20, 2011, 7:12 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The first installment of the Battle of the Beltways begins tonight at Camden Yards.
BALTIMORE — It's been four days since the Nationals last scored a run. Yes, four days. Not since Danny Espinosa belted a two-run homer against the Pirates in the eighth inning Monday night has a Nat crossed the plate.
They'll attempt to snap out of this funk tonight against their geographic, interleague rivals from the Inner Harbor. Because we're in an American League ballpark, both teams are using a DH. No, Jason Marquis is not going to hit for himself. Jim Riggleman was asked about that possibility last week when Marquis got two hits. The manager smiled but said no way would he sacrifice his DH for a pitcher.
So Matt Stairs gets a rare opportunity to get more than one at-bat in a game. Yes, he's 2-for-22 for the season. Yes, he's 43 years old. But if you're not going to use this guy as your DH in interleague games, why bother having him on the roster in the first place?
Plenty of updates to come all evening…
NATIONALS at ORIOLES
Where: Camden Yards
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
TV: MASN, MASN2
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 181
Weather: Chance of rain, 73 degrees, Wind 6 mph LF to RF
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
LF Laynce Nix
RF Jayson Werth
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Now in 2nd place, Nats not scoreboard watching yet
- Struggling Nats out of 1st place in NL East
- Nats lose to Arizona, fall out of first place
- Strasburg strong in 2nd rehab start, next stop D.C.?
- Papelbon offers advice on pennant race pressure
- Updated: Good news for Carpenter, Span close to live BP
- Nats return home hoping to get back on track vs. D'Backs
- After sweep, Vegas sees Nats and Mets trending in different directions
- Postponement gives Nats new home finale
- The Baseball Show: Is NL East up for grabs?