May 20, 2011, 7:12 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The first installment of the Battle of the Beltways begins tonight at Camden Yards.
BALTIMORE — It's been four days since the Nationals last scored a run. Yes, four days. Not since Danny Espinosa belted a two-run homer against the Pirates in the eighth inning Monday night has a Nat crossed the plate.
They'll attempt to snap out of this funk tonight against their geographic, interleague rivals from the Inner Harbor. Because we're in an American League ballpark, both teams are using a DH. No, Jason Marquis is not going to hit for himself. Jim Riggleman was asked about that possibility last week when Marquis got two hits. The manager smiled but said no way would he sacrifice his DH for a pitcher.
So Matt Stairs gets a rare opportunity to get more than one at-bat in a game. Yes, he's 2-for-22 for the season. Yes, he's 43 years old. But if you're not going to use this guy as your DH in interleague games, why bother having him on the roster in the first place?
Plenty of updates to come all evening…
NATIONALS at ORIOLES
Where: Camden Yards
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
TV: MASN, MASN2
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 181
Weather: Chance of rain, 73 degrees, Wind 6 mph LF to RF
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
LF Laynce Nix
RF Jayson Werth
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Roark, Ramos lead Nationals past Cubs 2-1
- Nats pregame music choice irks Phillies, they promise payback
- Roark gets the start for Nats at Wrigley
- State of the Nats: Rolling into Wrigley for Bryant vs. Harper
- Harper showing he can excel at 'the little things'
- Advice from teammates helps Gio get back on track vs. Phillies
- Anthony Rendon to take big step forward in rehab this week
- Strong Gio start secures another series win for Nats
- Nationals aim for another series win against Philly
- Still no answer for Strasburg's woes