May 21, 2011, 2:00 PM EST
Photo courtesy Lucas Tomlinson
You may recall the great 24-hour disappearance of Nats Insider last week due to a crash of Google's Blogger platform. Many of you were kind enough to email and ask whether the site was OK and when it would be back up online, and I appreciated all of those messages.
But only one of you, so far as I know, contacted me from Afghanistan.
Here's an email I received from loyal reader Lucas Tomlinson. (As you can tell by the reference to the Braves series, it's a week old.)…
Love your work.
I am operating out of a Patrol Base in the Zhari desert of Kandahar Province in southern Afghanistan.
Despite being in the middle of nowhere, we have a nice wireless connection which keeps me glued to your blog. I was like, "What happened? Zuckerman go subscription on me?" I was back on the next day without missing a beat.
Hope you enjoy the photo of a Nationals hat I put on a young Afghan boy and
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Granderson, Mets reach $60M, 4-yr deal
- Could Michael Morse return to the National League?
- Nate McLouth gives Nats depth & insurance
- Nats still have things to do at Winter Meetings
- Napoli, Red Sox agree on 2-year, $32M deal
- Nats 1B Adam LaRoche to join USO Holiday Tour
- Carlos Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Nationals sign outfielder McLouth to 2-year deal
- Phillies looking to trade CL Jonathan Papelbon
- Mariners sign Robinson Cano to 10-year, $240 million deal