May 21, 2011, 2:00 PM EST
Photo courtesy Lucas Tomlinson
You may recall the great 24-hour disappearance of Nats Insider last week due to a crash of Google's Blogger platform. Many of you were kind enough to email and ask whether the site was OK and when it would be back up online, and I appreciated all of those messages.
But only one of you, so far as I know, contacted me from Afghanistan.
Here's an email I received from loyal reader Lucas Tomlinson. (As you can tell by the reference to the Braves series, it's a week old.)…
Love your work.
I am operating out of a Patrol Base in the Zhari desert of Kandahar Province in southern Afghanistan.
Despite being in the middle of nowhere, we have a nice wireless connection which keeps me glued to your blog. I was like, "What happened? Zuckerman go subscription on me?" I was back on the next day without missing a beat.
Hope you enjoy the photo of a Nationals hat I put on a young Afghan boy and
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies lose to Division II baseball team in spring exhibition
- Live BP features Scherzer, broken bat, anthem
- Marlins ace Fernandez takes big step in Tommy John recovery
- Now a Dodger, Rollins says another NL East team was his 2nd choice
- Ex-Nats prospect could start for Braves in CF
- Harper wants to be a one team player
- Scherzer and Strasburg learning from each other
- Nationals' Saturday workout is a washout
- Nats sign veteran lefty Hill to minor-league deal
- Do the Nats need another left-handed bat?