May 21, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats try to make it two in a row today at Camden Yards.
BALTIMORE — What do you do one day after scoring a club record 17 runs? Don't make any changes!
Indeed, the Nationals lineup for this afternoon's game against the Orioles is identical to last night's lineup (aside from the pitcher's spot, of course). Can't fault Jim Riggleman's logic there. We'll just have to wait and see whether there's any carryover from last night's explosion, or whether they revert back to their previous form.
Whether they hit or not, the Nats need to get another quality outing from John Lannan, who was good in his last two appearances after that horrible start in Philadelphia earlier this month. He hasn't earned a win since April 20, though. Perhaps his teammates will reward him with some run support today.
Plenty of updates to come…
NATIONALS at ORIOLES
Where: Camden Yards
Gametime: 4:05 p.m.
TV: MASN, MASN2
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 181
Weather: Partly cloudy, 82 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to RF
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
LF Laynce Nix
RF Jayson Werth
NL EAST STANDINGS
Through Monday's games
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
y-Clinched playoff berth
Through Monday's early games
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Marlins at Nats (DH), 1:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Marlins at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Marlins at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
(End of regular season)
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Predicting who makes the Nationals' playoff roster
- Yankees claim former Nats OF prospect off waivers
- State of the Nats: Final week before playoffs brings tough decisions
- Braves fire GM Frank Wren after missing playoff
- Report: Braves likely to make 'significant' changes this winter
- LaRoche: Nats unlikely to bring me back in '15
- PHOTO: Nats get hero's welcome at Dulles on Sunday night
- As October looms, Strasburg and Nats are peaking
- Strasburg solves struggles in Miami, Nats win 2-1
- Barrett's role expanding with September surge