May 21, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats try to make it two in a row today at Camden Yards.
BALTIMORE — What do you do one day after scoring a club record 17 runs? Don't make any changes!
Indeed, the Nationals lineup for this afternoon's game against the Orioles is identical to last night's lineup (aside from the pitcher's spot, of course). Can't fault Jim Riggleman's logic there. We'll just have to wait and see whether there's any carryover from last night's explosion, or whether they revert back to their previous form.
Whether they hit or not, the Nats need to get another quality outing from John Lannan, who was good in his last two appearances after that horrible start in Philadelphia earlier this month. He hasn't earned a win since April 20, though. Perhaps his teammates will reward him with some run support today.
Plenty of updates to come…
NATIONALS at ORIOLES
Where: Camden Yards
Gametime: 4:05 p.m.
TV: MASN, MASN2
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 181
Weather: Partly cloudy, 82 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to RF
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
LF Laynce Nix
RF Jayson Werth
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Scherzer's struggles continue in Nationals' 4-3 loss to Marlins
- Hip surgery for Span, but Taylor's knee OK
- Game Thread: Nationals open series vs. Marlins
- Desperate Nationals recall OF from AAA Syracuse
- MLB Power Rankings: More movement in AL East
- Ross shines against former team, pulled early for innings limit
- Span likely out for season after latest injury
- Nats banged up in 4-2 victory over Padres, win third straight series
- Updated: Taylor leaves Nats-Padres game after colliding with wall
- Updated: Escobar leaves Nats-Padres game with injury