May 23, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
The first half of this year’s Battle of the Beltways is now complete, with the Orioles having taken two of three over the weekend (even though the Nationals outscored them 21-15). But did this series at Camden Yards establish one team’s superiority over the other? Probably not.
Before yesterday’s game, John Eisenberg of CSNbaltimore.com joined me to discuss the similarities and differences between the Nats and O’s, how each team’s offseason acquisitions have performed so far and how Bryce Harper and Manny Machado are faring in the South Atlantic League.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Injuries highlight the importance of rotation depth
- Gio Gonzalez starts strong, but Astros top Nationals
- Bryce Harper repping new eye black company
- Gonzalez faces Astros under the lights in Viera
- Should Desmond be the Nationals' No. 2 hitter?
- Strasburg settles down, Nats rout Cardinals 11-1
- Strasburg leads Nationals against Cardinals
- Skole among first round of cuts at Nats camp
- Rosenthal pain-free, Wacha pitches well for Cards
- Zimmerman, LaRoche homers lift Nationals over Atlanta