May 23, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
The first half of this year’s Battle of the Beltways is now complete, with the Orioles having taken two of three over the weekend (even though the Nationals outscored them 21-15). But did this series at Camden Yards establish one team’s superiority over the other? Probably not.
Before yesterday’s game, John Eisenberg of CSNbaltimore.com joined me to discuss the similarities and differences between the Nats and O’s, how each team’s offseason acquisitions have performed so far and how Bryce Harper and Manny Machado are faring in the South Atlantic League.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nate McLouth gives Nats depth & insurance
- Nats still have things to do at Winter Meetings
- Napoli, Red Sox agree on 2-year, $32M deal
- Nats 1B Adam LaRoche to join USO Holiday Tour
- Carlos Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Nationals sign outfielder McLouth to 2-year deal
- Phillies looking to trade CL Jonathan Papelbon
- Mariners sign Robinson Cano to 10-year, $240 million deal
- Point/Counterpoint: How good will Fister be?
- Sean Casey: Doug Fister is 'huge for the Nationals'