May 23, 2011, 9:00 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
The always festive Miller Park, home of the Milwaukee Brewers.
The Nationals open a three-game series in Milwaukee tonight, and for the second straight day they won't have Adam LaRoche in the lineup or in the field. You should probably get used to that idea, because there's every reason to believe LaRoche is going to wind up on the DL after heading to New York to have his ailing left shoulder re-examined.
Whether LaRoche is sidelined for a brief or long-term period, the Nationals are left without an established first baseman. Michael Morse will get a crack at the position, and he acquitted himself well there yesterday in Baltimore. It remains to be seen if he can produce as an everyday player, something he hasn't established when given the opportunity in the past.
Tom Gorzelanny gets the start for the Nats, hoping to cut down on his recent high walk totals (10 in his last 17 1/3 innings) while maintaining his high strikeout numbers (19 over those same 17 1/3 innings). Right-hander Yovani Gallardo, who got beat around by the Nationals last month in D.C., starts for the Brewers.
I'm not in Milwaukee for this series, so please keep up the banter yourselves…
NATIONALS at BREWERS
Where: Miller Park
Gametime: 8:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Partly cloudy, 67 degrees, Wind 13 mph out to LF
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
LF Laynce Nix
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Ranking all 30 MLB ballparks
- 'Baseball in the District' - Bob Nightengale and Matt Skole
- Nationals Stock Watch: Strasburg's road struggles continue
- Aaron Barrett wins patriotic staring contest before Nats-Rockies game
- Depleted lineup can't complete sweep over Rockies in 6-4 loss
- Zimmerman placed on DL with hamstring strain
- Kevin Durant channels Werth, LaRoche in 'beard gang' photo
- Strasburg tries to pitch depleted Nats to sweep
- Nationals have to deal with latest Zimmerman injury
- Adam LaRoche notches three hits, Nats down Rockies