May 23, 2011, 9:00 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
The always festive Miller Park, home of the Milwaukee Brewers.
The Nationals open a three-game series in Milwaukee tonight, and for the second straight day they won't have Adam LaRoche in the lineup or in the field. You should probably get used to that idea, because there's every reason to believe LaRoche is going to wind up on the DL after heading to New York to have his ailing left shoulder re-examined.
Whether LaRoche is sidelined for a brief or long-term period, the Nationals are left without an established first baseman. Michael Morse will get a crack at the position, and he acquitted himself well there yesterday in Baltimore. It remains to be seen if he can produce as an everyday player, something he hasn't established when given the opportunity in the past.
Tom Gorzelanny gets the start for the Nats, hoping to cut down on his recent high walk totals (10 in his last 17 1/3 innings) while maintaining his high strikeout numbers (19 over those same 17 1/3 innings). Right-hander Yovani Gallardo, who got beat around by the Nationals last month in D.C., starts for the Brewers.
I'm not in Milwaukee for this series, so please keep up the banter yourselves…
NATIONALS at BREWERS
Where: Miller Park
Gametime: 8:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Partly cloudy, 67 degrees, Wind 13 mph out to LF
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
LF Laynce Nix
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
NL POSTSEASON SCHEDULE
WED: Giants at Pirates, 8:07 p.m. (ESPN)
FRI: Game 1, Pirates at Nats, 12:07 p.m.,
OR Giants at Nats, 3:07 p.m. (FS1)
SAT: Game 2, PIT/SF at Nats, 5:37 p.m. (FS1)
MON: Game 3, Nats at PIT/SF, TBA (MLBN)
OCT. 7: Game 4, Nats at PIT/SF, TBA (FS1)*
OCT. 9: Game 5, PIT/SF at Nats, TBA (FS1)*
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Game thread: Who will advance in AL Wild Card game?
- Bryce Harper to play showcase in Japan after MLB playoffs
- MLB postseason begins tonight: Wild Card playoff preview
- 5 questions facing the Nationals in the postseason
- Nats finding ways to stay sharp (VIDEO)
- Games 1 and 2 at Nationals Park will be matinees
- Revisiting Opening Day predictions on the Nats
- Zimmermann named NL Player of the Week for 2nd time this year
- Nats' plan to stay fresh before Game 1 of the NLDS
- Denard Span sets Nats hits record to add to special day