May 24, 2011, 8:50 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
The Nats and Brewers meet again tonight at Miller Park.
As expected, the Nationals have activated Rick Ankiel off the DL this afternoon. The outfielder, who missed 19 days with a sprained wrist, will be in uniform at Miller Park and available to play. He won't, however, be in the Nats' lineup.
With left-hander Chris Narveson on the mound for the Brewers, Jim Riggleman is going with as many right-handed bats in his lineup as he can. But with Michael Morse now taking over at first base, and with Jerry Hairston taking over at third base, the Nats have no other right-handed-hitting outfielders on the roster. So Brian Bixler, who has 7 1/3 innings of outfield experience in the big leagues, will start in left field tonight.
Livan Hernandez, meanwhile, makes his 11th start of the season tonight, hoping to finally get some support from his teammates. The Nationals have scored one total run over Hernandez's last four starts, losing the last two times 1-0.
I'm not in Milwaukee for this series. As always, enjoy the game and the conversation…
NATIONALS at BREWERS
Where: Miller Park
Gametime: 8:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Partly cloudy, 51 degrees, Wind 12 mph out to RF
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
C Wilson Ramos
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- MLB Power Rankings: Rangers moving up the ladder
- Deconstructing the Nationals' game-winning rally
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper has rough week
- How secure is struggling Jordan's rotation spot?