May 24, 2011, 3:23 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Jayson Werth and his teammates have arrived at a critical juncture of the season.
Remember how good everyone felt Friday night after the Nationals exploded for a club-record 17 runs, as if a 2-ton anvil had been lifted from their shoulders?
Let's see what's happened since…
– Adam LaRoche finally acknowledged his left shoulder was affecting his swing, so he went to New York to get it checked out and wound up on the DL.
– Jim Riggleman was ejected two pitches into a game on a call even the manager later admitted was correct.
– Jason Marquis threw a dugout tantrum that left Riggleman describing the right-hander as "about as upset as I've ever seen a ballplayer."
– Mike Rizzo and Ivan Rodriguez were disciplined by new MLB disciplinarian Joe Torre for their involvement in Thursday's altercationRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nationals sign outfielder McLouth to 2-year deal
- Phillies looking to trade CL Jonathan Papelbon
- Mariners sign Robinson Cano to 10-year, $240 million deal
- Point/Counterpoint: How good will Fister be?
- Sean Casey: Doug Fister is 'huge for the Nationals'
- Marlins sign Rafael Furcal, what are they up to?
- With Ellsbury & McCann, Yankees could be just getting started
- Report: Nats interested in lefty Scott Downs
- Market is thinning of left-handers
- Does Saltalamacchia show the Marlins are serious for 2014?