May 24, 2011, 3:23 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Jayson Werth and his teammates have arrived at a critical juncture of the season.
Remember how good everyone felt Friday night after the Nationals exploded for a club-record 17 runs, as if a 2-ton anvil had been lifted from their shoulders?
Let's see what's happened since…
– Adam LaRoche finally acknowledged his left shoulder was affecting his swing, so he went to New York to get it checked out and wound up on the DL.
– Jim Riggleman was ejected two pitches into a game on a call even the manager later admitted was correct.
– Jason Marquis threw a dugout tantrum that left Riggleman describing the right-hander as "about as upset as I've ever seen a ballplayer."
– Mike Rizzo and Ivan Rodriguez were disciplined by new MLB disciplinarian Joe Torre for their involvement in Thursday's altercationRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- More observations from Sunday's 3-2 win
- Nats get big hit for big win
- Nationals grind their way to walk-off victory
- Former Nats catcher Chris Snyder retires from MLB
- Bryce Harper's 'nothing but hustle' Nats magazine (PHOTO)
- Espinosa making most of his playing opportunity
- Strasburg, Nats hope to turn page vs. Cardinals
- Harper, Williams and Werth on benching (VIDEO)
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals