May 27, 2011, 10:52 PM EST
Updated at 11:30 p.m. with Werth’s postgame quotes
Nationals manager Jim Riggleman met with Jayson Werth Friday afternoon, trying to get some clarity about what his right fielder meant two days earlier when he said “things need to change” with this struggling club.
“I’m not going to tell you what we said, but yeah, he’s definitely on board,” Riggleman said before Friday night’s game against the Padres. “It was just a really good conversation. He had some ideas. I had some ideas. I think it was a very good conversation.”
Werth’s comments following Wednesday’s loss in Milwaukee caused something of a stir back in Washington, gaining steam during the club’s day off Thursday.
“I’ve got some ideas obviously, and some thoughts, none I really want to share with the world,” the right fielder told reporters in Milwaukee. “I think it’s pretty obvious what’s going on around here.”
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Erick Fedde
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?