May 28, 2011, 2:44 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jordan Zimmermann faces Tim Stauffer today at Nationals Park.
After an eventful Friday night at the ballpark, capped by Michael Morse's walk-off homer, the Nationals and Padres are back at it this afternoon. And the biggest question on everyone's mind, of course, is: Will Teddy actually win the Presidents' Race per Jayson Werth's suggestion?
OK, so maybe there are more significant things going on than that. Like Rick Ankiel (on-base percentage: .294) leading off for the first time in his career. Or Jordan Zimmermann trying to duplicate John Lannan's pitching exploits from last night. Or wondering if Blake Tekotte and Logan Forsythe are actual players in the Padres' starting lineup today or if they're just totally made-up names.
One bit of news to share: Collin Balester has been recalled from Class AAA Syracuse, taking Tom Gorzelanny's roster spot for now. It would appear Balester is here only for one day and will be sent back after the game, with the Nationals promoting someone else (most likely Yunesky Maya) to start tomorrow's series finale.
Plenty of updates to come…
PADRES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 189
Weather: Chance of storms, 78 degrees, Wind 12 mph out to LF
CF Rick Ankiel
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
LF Laynce Nix
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- MLB Power Rankings: More movement in AL East
- Ross shines against former team, pulled early for innings limit
- Span likely out for season after latest injury
- Nats banged up in 4-2 victory over Padres, win third straight series
- Updated: Taylor leaves Nats-Padres game after colliding with wall
- Updated: Escobar leaves Nats-Padres game with injury
- Span sits to rest sore back; other Nats injury notes
- Nats aim for 3rd straight series win against Padres
- Around the NL East: Will the Mets ever lose again?
- Double play on 3-0 pitch kills Nationals' rally