May 30, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Livan Hernandez faces Roy Halladay on Memorial Day at Nationals Park.
It's Memorial Day in the nation's capital, and it's a scorcher. Easily the hottest day of the year so far, so if you're coming to the park, be sure to dress appropriately and drink lots of water. I'd tell you to also be sure you avoid Phillies fans, but we all know that's going to be impossible. There will be another sizable invasion here today.
Those fans from up north will be cheering on Roy Halladay, who as you surely know by now owns the Nationals like no other pitcher. His current career totals against the franchise: 10-1, 2.01 ERA. Since joining the Phillies last season: 5-0, 1.15 ERA.
Jim Riggleman sends out a lineup today that does not include Roger Bernadina or Ian Desmond. Desmond, according to Riggleman, is dealing with some "aches and pains," but could play if needed. Bernadina is simply the odd man out today as Riggleman tries to rotate three players into two outfield positions: Bernadina, Rick Ankiel and Laynce Nix.
Plenty of updates to come, including whatever happens in the Presidents' Race, so please check back often…
PHILLIES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Partly cloudy, 90 degrees, Wind 7 mph out to RF
CF Rick Ankiel
2B Danny Espinosa
RF Jayson Werth
LF Laynce Nix
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Zimmermann perfect against Sabathia, Yankees
- Fister could be ready for season's first week
- Zimmermann leads Nats against Yankees' Sabathia
- Injuries highlight the importance of rotation depth
- Gio Gonzalez starts strong, but Astros top Nationals
- Bryce Harper repping new eye black company
- Gonzalez faces Astros under the lights in Viera
- Should Desmond be the Nationals' No. 2 hitter?
- Strasburg settles down, Nats rout Cardinals 11-1
- Strasburg leads Nationals against Cardinals