May 31, 2011, 11:48 PM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman will play several innings in an extended spring training game tomorrow in Viera, his first game action since tearing an abdominal muscle while sliding into second base April 9 in New York.
Zimmerman has been in Viera for the last week, ramping up his baseball activities. He’s expected to remain there for another week or so, then begin a minor-league rehab assignment with one of the Nationals’ affiliates.
The club still expects the third baseman to come off the disabled list in mid-June.
If you’d like to hear directly from Zim, he’s resumed blogging for CSNwashington.com and just put up a new post today.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Is this a preview of Nats' Opening Day lineup?
- Rendon will begin season on DL with sprained MCL
- Frandsen released, Gwynn Jr. sent to minors
- Johnson, den Dekker adjust quickly to Nats
- Blevins' awkward 24 hours ends with K of Harper
- Werth crosses big hurdle in shoulder rehab
- Nats face Mets in final Viera game of the spring
- PHOTO: New Mets pitcher faces Nats one day after they traded him
- Rendon seeking 3rd opinion on injured knee
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems