May 31, 2011, 11:48 PM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman will play several innings in an extended spring training game tomorrow in Viera, his first game action since tearing an abdominal muscle while sliding into second base April 9 in New York.
Zimmerman has been in Viera for the last week, ramping up his baseball activities. He’s expected to remain there for another week or so, then begin a minor-league rehab assignment with one of the Nationals’ affiliates.
The club still expects the third baseman to come off the disabled list in mid-June.
If you’d like to hear directly from Zim, he’s resumed blogging for CSNwashington.com and just put up a new post today.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Royals edge Giants 3-2 for 2-1 World Series lead
- Nationals roster review: Kevin Frandsen
- Nats announce front office changes, including several promotions
- World Series shifts to San Francisco for Game 3
- Manager Joe Maddon opts out of contract with Rays
- Nationals roster review: Jose Lobaton
- Phillies CEO does not expect team to compete for a while
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest
- Nats' LaRoche and Span named Gold Glove finalists
- Braves name John Hart President of Baseball Operations