May 31, 2011, 11:48 PM EST
Ryan Zimmerman will play several innings in an extended spring training game tomorrow in Viera, his first game action since tearing an abdominal muscle while sliding into second base April 9 in New York.
Zimmerman has been in Viera for the last week, ramping up his baseball activities. He’s expected to remain there for another week or so, then begin a minor-league rehab assignment with one of the Nationals’ affiliates.
The club still expects the third baseman to come off the disabled list in mid-June.
If you’d like to hear directly from Zim, he’s resumed blogging for CSNwashington.com and just put up a new post today.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Yankees tried to trade for Phillies SS Jimmy Rollins
- A reason for each MLB team to be thankful this Thanksgiving
- Who's better right now?
- Point/Counterpoint: Biggest threat in NL East in 2015?
- Nats' Fedde hits milestone in Tommy John recovery
- Charlie Manuel almost returned to baseball as O's hitting coach
- How much money can the Nats spend this winter?
- With Hamels trade rumors, Phillies are staying patient
- MLB postseason shares released, including Nats
- Former Nats outfielder Josh Willingham retires