May 31, 2011, 11:48 PM EST
Ryan Zimmerman will play several innings in an extended spring training game tomorrow in Viera, his first game action since tearing an abdominal muscle while sliding into second base April 9 in New York.
Zimmerman has been in Viera for the last week, ramping up his baseball activities. He’s expected to remain there for another week or so, then begin a minor-league rehab assignment with one of the Nationals’ affiliates.
The club still expects the third baseman to come off the disabled list in mid-June.
If you’d like to hear directly from Zim, he’s resumed blogging for CSNwashington.com and just put up a new post today.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Will Michael Taylor become an everyday outfielder?
- Dusty Baker on Nationals: "Why not now, and why not me?"