May 31, 2011, 11:48 PM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman will play several innings in an extended spring training game tomorrow in Viera, his first game action since tearing an abdominal muscle while sliding into second base April 9 in New York.
Zimmerman has been in Viera for the last week, ramping up his baseball activities. He’s expected to remain there for another week or so, then begin a minor-league rehab assignment with one of the Nationals’ affiliates.
The club still expects the third baseman to come off the disabled list in mid-June.
If you’d like to hear directly from Zim, he’s resumed blogging for CSNwashington.com and just put up a new post today.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Span will return to Nats, LaRoche & Soriano won't
- Trio of Nationals players become free agents
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent
- Braves hire new hitting coach away from Blue Jays