Jun 1, 2011, 2:33 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
John Lannan tries to pitch the Nats to a series victory over the Phillies today.
They put forth an impressive showing against Roy Halladay, albeit in a losing effort, on Monday. They really took it to Cliff Lee, and actually won, last night. Now, can the Nationals keep their offensive surge going against Roy Oswalt in today's series finale against the Phillies?
The Nats have had success against Oswalt in the past. They beat him twice last season (once with the Astros, then again in his Phillies debut) though the right-hander did bounce back to limit the Nationals to one earned run in three more starts against them later in the year.
John Lannan, meanwhile, has enjoyed no success whatsoever against the Phillies in his career. He enters today's game 0-10 with a 6.44 ERA in 13 head-to-head contests and got rocked at Citzens Bank Park last month. If ever there was a time to reverse that trend, today would be the day.
I'm not at the park today, but Rich Dubroff will have you covered on CSNwashington.com. I'll be sure to link to his articles here, and I'll be back tomorrow blogging at you from blazing hot (but dry) Arizona…
PHILLIES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED (1500 AM), WHFS (1580 AM), XM 185
Weather: Partly cloudy, 90 degrees, Wind 7 mph out to CF
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
LF Laynce Nix
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Is this a preview of Nats' Opening Day lineup?
- Rendon will begin season on DL with sprained MCL
- Frandsen released, Gwynn Jr. sent to minors
- Johnson, den Dekker adjust quickly to Nats
- Blevins' awkward 24 hours ends with K of Harper
- Werth crosses big hurdle in shoulder rehab
- Nats face Mets in final Viera game of the spring
- PHOTO: New Mets pitcher faces Nats one day after they traded him
- Rendon seeking 3rd opinion on injured knee
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems