Jun 3, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
"He's been able to relax a little more," Eckstein said. "He's been able to let the ball come to him and not try to go get the ball, which is an attribute of a player whose heart is in the right place. He's trying to get things done, but ultimately that's not how you get it done. He's been able to relax and get in his hitting position, be able to pick up the ball early and ultimately put his swing on the ball.
Morse's turnaround has been stunning. After hitting .211 with a .521 OPS in April, he's now hitting a major-league-best .429 with a 1.229 OPS since May 1. His production has improved by more than 200 percent from one month to the next.
And, despite Eckstein's aversion to taking credit, Morse is heaping all kinds of praise on his hitting coach.
"Words can't describe it," Morse said after going 4-for-5 last night. "We've had some loud talks, mostly on his side and me listening. He cares a lot about me, and I appreciate all the hard work and the sweatRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Span will return to Nats, LaRoche & Soriano won't
- Trio of Nationals players become free agents
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent
- Braves hire new hitting coach away from Blue Jays