Jun 3, 2011, 5:17 PM EST
"He's been able to relax a little more," Eckstein said. "He's been able to let the ball come to him and not try to go get the ball, which is an attribute of a player whose heart is in the right place. He's trying to get things done, but ultimately that's not how you get it done. He's been able to relax and get in his hitting position, be able to pick up the ball early and ultimately put his swing on the ball.
Morse's turnaround has been stunning. After hitting .211 with a .521 OPS in April, he's now hitting a major-league-best .429 with a 1.229 OPS since May 1. His production has improved by more than 200 percent from one month to the next.
And, despite Eckstein's aversion to taking credit, Morse is heaping all kinds of praise on his hitting coach.
"Words can't describe it," Morse said after going 4-for-5 last night. "We've had some loud talks, mostly on his side and me listening. He cares a lot about me, and I appreciate all the hard work and the sweatRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giolito & Turner, Nats' farm system ranked highly by Baseball America
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Rivero build off strong rookie year?
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?