Jun 4, 2011, 8:53 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Chase Field hosts the third game of this four-game series.
PHOENIX — We're about three hours from first pitch here at Chase Field, and we're still waiting for the Nationals to post their lineup. It would appear there's still some question whether Jayson Werth is ready to play after missing last night's game with a swollen left elbow.
We do know Livan Hernandez will make the start for the Nationals, hoping to emerge victorious for the first time in a long time. He hasn't won in his last six starts, despite having allowed three or fewer earned runs in three of those outings. Left-hander Joe Saunders, a native of Springfield, Va., starts for Arizona, looking to earn his third consecutive victory.
I'll be sure to post the lineup as soon as it becomes available. And, of course, there will be plenty of updates throughout the game…
UPDATE AT 5:01 P.M. — The lineup has been posted, and Jayson Werth is back after missing last night's game. The one tweak is that Riggleman is using Jerry Hairston as his leadoff man tonight, with Roger Bernadina sitting against the lefty and Rick Ankiel batting seventh.
NATIONALS at DIAMONDBACKS
Where: Chase Field
Gametime: 8:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 187
Weather: Sunny, 99 degrees, Wind 11 mph out to RF
3B Jerry Hairston
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
1B Michael Morse
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Rizzo not looking for outside help despite injuries
- Reliever Janssen needs MRI on shoulder
- Miami Marlins name Opening Day starter
- Nats and Marlins starters meet in tune-up
- Uggla hoping for starting job, not bench role with Nats
- AL East team scouting Phillies' Jonathan Papelbon
- Report: Nats making lefty relievers available for trade
- Strasburg labors in return from ankle sprain
- Former Nats OF released by Texas Rangers; Ohlendorf to Triple-A
- Nats announce season-opening rotation order