Jun 4, 2011, 12:20 AM EDT
Zimmerman went 0-for-4 and played four innings in the field this morning and reported no problems with his surgically repaired abdominal muscle. He flew back to Washington this afternoon and will report to low-Class A Hagerstown to begin a rehab assignment Sunday.
Hagerstown, which currently boasts top prospect Bryce Harper on its roster, is the lone Nationals affiliate playing at home this weekend. Zimmerman could move up to high-Class A Potomac by Monday or Class AAA Syracuse by Tuesday.
Zimmerman hasn't played since April 9 in New York and had surgery May 3 to repair a torn abdominal muscle. The Nationals said he wouldRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals
- Nats activate Denard Span from 7-day DL, option Steven Souza, Jr.
- Zimmermann, Nats look for two in a row vs. Cardinals
- Drew Storen comes through in Nats' 3-1 win over Cardinals
- Nationals respond to Williams' challenge, beat Cards
- Nats strike early on Wacha, beat Cardinals 3-1
- Span to join Nats on Saturday after second rehab game
- Ramos takes first swings since breaking left hand
- Denard Span on track to return to Nats this weekend