Jun 4, 2011, 12:20 AM EDT
Zimmerman went 0-for-4 and played four innings in the field this morning and reported no problems with his surgically repaired abdominal muscle. He flew back to Washington this afternoon and will report to low-Class A Hagerstown to begin a rehab assignment Sunday.
Hagerstown, which currently boasts top prospect Bryce Harper on its roster, is the lone Nationals affiliate playing at home this weekend. Zimmerman could move up to high-Class A Potomac by Monday or Class AAA Syracuse by Tuesday.
Zimmerman hasn't played since April 9 in New York and had surgery May 3 to repair a torn abdominal muscle. The Nationals said he wouldRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats set franchise record for futility with RISP
- Instant analysis: Padres 4, Nats 3 (12)
- Injury updates on Gio Gonzalez, Doug Fister & Scott Hairston
- Nationals host Padres in first of four-game series
- MLB Power Rankings: Rangers moving up the ladder
- Deconstructing the Nationals' game-winning rally
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston