Jun 4, 2011, 12:20 AM EST
Zimmerman went 0-for-4 and played four innings in the field this morning and reported no problems with his surgically repaired abdominal muscle. He flew back to Washington this afternoon and will report to low-Class A Hagerstown to begin a rehab assignment Sunday.
Hagerstown, which currently boasts top prospect Bryce Harper on its roster, is the lone Nationals affiliate playing at home this weekend. Zimmerman could move up to high-Class A Potomac by Monday or Class AAA Syracuse by Tuesday.
Zimmerman hasn't played since April 9 in New York and had surgery May 3 to repair a torn abdominal muscle. The Nationals said he wouldRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Will Michael Taylor become an everyday outfielder?
- Dusty Baker on Nationals: "Why not now, and why not me?"
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Tanner Roark bounce back as a starter?
- Craig Stammen signs minor league deal with Cleveland
- Report: Tyler Clippard signs deal with NL West club
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Bryce Harper shows off Redskins hat en route to Super Bowl