Jun 5, 2011, 5:41 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The roof at Chase Field was open this morning but will be closed for the game.
PHOENIX — Shut out the last two nights, the Nationals return to Chase Field this afternoon trying to salvage a series split with the Diamondbacks. For their sake, at least they get to face a right-hander today in Ian Kennedy.
Not that the Nats have hit any kind of pitcher this season, but they've particularly struggled against lefties (.214 average, .295 OBP). They're even worse against lefty starters (.208 average, .286 OBP). So with Kennedy on the hill for Arizona, Jim Riggleman is able to use left-handed hitters Roger Bernadina, Laynce Nix and Alex Cora.
Jason Marquis starts for the Nats, seeking his team-leading seventh win. There's only one other pitcher on the staff with four wins, and that's Drew Storen.
Plenty of updates to come…
NATIONALS at DIAMONDBACKS
Where: Chase Field
Gametime: 4:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 187
Weather: Sunny, 100 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to RF (Roof closed)
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
LF Laynce Nix
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Doug Fister pitches in Viera, timetable for return set
- Bryce Harper back in Nats’ lineup to face Cardinals
- Nats return home to face Wainwright, Cardinals
- MLB Power Rankings: Brewers making noise
- Nationals dominating opponents late in games
- Instant analysis: Nats 6, Marlins 3
- Nationals face dominant Fernandez in series finale
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper's heating up
- Strasburg’s poor outing continues troubling early season trend
- Strasburg's rough outing (VIDEO)