Jun 6, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Wednesday, 3:45 p.m. — RHP Yunesky Maya (0-1, 8.00) vs. RHP Matt Cain (4-4 3.64)
TV: MASN2 Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WHFS-1580 AM
It's been quite an eventful month since the Nationals last saw the Giants in D.C., highlighted of course by Buster Posey's season-ending injury. Posey's collision at home plate with the Marlins' Scott Cousins (resulting in a leg fracture and torn ligaments) has been baseball's biggest story for the last two weeks, and the Giants haven't exactly handled it well.
GM Brian Sabean went on the radio last week and tore Cousins to shreds. "If I never hear from Cousins again, or he doesn't play another day in the big-leagues, I think we'll all be happy," Sabean stunningly said. He's since apologized, as has Cousins, who has repeatedly said he's sorry for injuring Posey.
Through this all, the Giants have managed to keep playing well. They enter this series 33-26, up 1/2-game on the Diamondbacks in the NLRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats' minor league affiliate playoff schedules released
- Fister faces Kershaw in marquee matchup
- Former Nats slugger Dunn to retire; will he finally make playoffs?
- Bovada sportsbook favors Dodgers over Nats for World Series
- Braves will start construction of new Cobb County stadium soon
- Nationals' home run barrage has been balanced
- Around the NL East: Braves still alive for playoff berth
- Span helps lift Nats past Dodgers (VIDEO)
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win
- Phillies call up top prospect for September