Jun 6, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Wednesday, 3:45 p.m. — RHP Yunesky Maya (0-1, 8.00) vs. RHP Matt Cain (4-4 3.64)
TV: MASN2 Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WHFS-1580 AM
It's been quite an eventful month since the Nationals last saw the Giants in D.C., highlighted of course by Buster Posey's season-ending injury. Posey's collision at home plate with the Marlins' Scott Cousins (resulting in a leg fracture and torn ligaments) has been baseball's biggest story for the last two weeks, and the Giants haven't exactly handled it well.
GM Brian Sabean went on the radio last week and tore Cousins to shreds. "If I never hear from Cousins again, or he doesn't play another day in the big-leagues, I think we'll all be happy," Sabean stunningly said. He's since apologized, as has Cousins, who has repeatedly said he's sorry for injuring Posey.
Through this all, the Giants have managed to keep playing well. They enter this series 33-26, up 1/2-game on the Diamondbacks in the NLRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals get a big rally, then hang on for dear life
- Nats end road trip with much-needed 4-3 win over Marlins
- Bryce Harper rediscovers his hitting stroke
- Nationals need win today to avoid losing road trip
- Depleted Nationals lineup shut out by Marlins
- Nationals can't fight back against Marlins, lose 3-0
- Werth out but says ankle sprain isn't serious
- Strasburg takes mound for big start vs. Marlins
- Zimmermann returns to form in dominant start
- Around the NL East: Which team will make a big splash via trade?