Jun 6, 2011, 5:14 AM EST
Ryan Zimmerman and Bryce Harper hit back-to-back in Hagerstown’s lineup Sunday, a first glimpse at what could become a daily occurrence in Washington at some point. Unfortunately, a crowd of 4,000 didn’t get to see much of the pairing.
Harper had to depart after taking a fastball off his lower right leg in the bottom of the first inning, though the injury doesn’t appear to be anything serious. Zimmerman, meanwhile, went 2-for-2 with a double, a triple and a walk in his first rehab game since undergoing surgery to repair a torn abdominal muscle.
Here’s the full video report from Comcast SportsNet, with footage of both Zimmerman and Harper.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Scherzer and Strasburg learning from each other
- Nationals' Saturday workout is a washout
- Nats sign veteran lefty Hill to minor-league deal
- Do the Nats need another left-handed bat?
- Observations from Friday's workout in Viera
- Nats sing Happy Birthday to Denard Span, with bonus Danny Espinosa videobomb
- PHOTO: Looks like Scherzer will be a Jedi for Nats' 'Star Wars Day'
- LaRoche: Nats have transformed D.C. into a baseball city
- Matt Williams sets the tone for Nats on Day 1
- Will 2015 be a breakout year for Nats' RF Harper?