Jun 6, 2011, 5:14 AM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman and Bryce Harper hit back-to-back in Hagerstown’s lineup Sunday, a first glimpse at what could become a daily occurrence in Washington at some point. Unfortunately, a crowd of 4,000 didn’t get to see much of the pairing.
Harper had to depart after taking a fastball off his lower right leg in the bottom of the first inning, though the injury doesn’t appear to be anything serious. Zimmerman, meanwhile, went 2-for-2 with a double, a triple and a walk in his first rehab game since undergoing surgery to repair a torn abdominal muscle.
Here’s the full video report from Comcast SportsNet, with footage of both Zimmerman and Harper.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Wacky way for Scherzer to take another loss
- Scherzer goes distance, but controversial call hands Nats loss
- Scherzer looks to keep historic run going
- Warning: Harper's Body Issue cover will make you blush
- Nats sign 1st significant Latin prospect in years
- Around the NL East: Phillies hire MacPhail to help rebuild effort
- Nats lineup goes silent in loss to Braves
- Fister's rough inning leads to Nats' 4-1 loss to Braves
- New President makes Nationals race debut
- Las Vegas really likes the Nationals in October