Jun 6, 2011, 5:14 AM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman and Bryce Harper hit back-to-back in Hagerstown’s lineup Sunday, a first glimpse at what could become a daily occurrence in Washington at some point. Unfortunately, a crowd of 4,000 didn’t get to see much of the pairing.
Harper had to depart after taking a fastball off his lower right leg in the bottom of the first inning, though the injury doesn’t appear to be anything serious. Zimmerman, meanwhile, went 2-for-2 with a double, a triple and a walk in his first rehab game since undergoing surgery to repair a torn abdominal muscle.
Here’s the full video report from Comcast SportsNet, with footage of both Zimmerman and Harper.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Pitch, hit and run: Scherzer does it all in win
- Nats 2, Phillies 1: Harper homers, Scherzer dominates
- Roark will return to Nats' rotation with Fister out
- Scherzer tries to beat Phillies again
- Nats activate Janssen to make 2015 debut, send Solis to DL
- MLB Power Rankings: Marlins falling, Phillies rising
- Where the Nats stand at the quarter pole
- Mark Zuckerman gives his take on Harper, Williams ejections
- Harper stories from his college teammate, Chasen Shreve
- Scherzer on his start, chocolate sauce & Harper-Miggy