Jun 6, 2011, 5:14 AM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman and Bryce Harper hit back-to-back in Hagerstown’s lineup Sunday, a first glimpse at what could become a daily occurrence in Washington at some point. Unfortunately, a crowd of 4,000 didn’t get to see much of the pairing.
Harper had to depart after taking a fastball off his lower right leg in the bottom of the first inning, though the injury doesn’t appear to be anything serious. Zimmerman, meanwhile, went 2-for-2 with a double, a triple and a walk in his first rehab game since undergoing surgery to repair a torn abdominal muscle.
Here’s the full video report from Comcast SportsNet, with footage of both Zimmerman and Harper.
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Ramos' late heroics help Nats top D-Backs, snap losing streak
- Papelbon debuts Ric Flair intro song at Nats Park
- Strasburg feels good after 2nd rehab start
- Mets surge in division; struggle with grammar
- Nats hope to reverse fortunes vs. D'backs
- Former SNL star roasts Nats in Half Baked video
- Around the NL East: It's official -- The Mets are here to stay
- Now in 2nd place, Nats not scoreboard watching yet
- Fister's struggles continue, as Strasburg nears return
- Struggling Nats out of 1st place in NL East