Jun 6, 2011, 5:14 AM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman and Bryce Harper hit back-to-back in Hagerstown’s lineup Sunday, a first glimpse at what could become a daily occurrence in Washington at some point. Unfortunately, a crowd of 4,000 didn’t get to see much of the pairing.
Harper had to depart after taking a fastball off his lower right leg in the bottom of the first inning, though the injury doesn’t appear to be anything serious. Zimmerman, meanwhile, went 2-for-2 with a double, a triple and a walk in his first rehab game since undergoing surgery to repair a torn abdominal muscle.
Here’s the full video report from Comcast SportsNet, with footage of both Zimmerman and Harper.
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Can dramatic win be a momentum changer?
- Taylor ends it in the 10th with a walk-off 3-run HR
- Barrett has Tommy John surgery, out 12 months
- Taylor has MRI on bruised knee, expects to be back soon
- Roark on the mound as Nats look to continue dominance of Braves
- MLB Power Rankings: Braves sink to the bottom
- Blowout sets Zimmermann up nicely to face Mets
- Bryce Harper makes history without one swing
- Nats knock Braves out of the park in 15-1 pummeling
- Harper returns to Nats lineup, Taylor still hurting