Jun 7, 2011, 1:00 AM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Sparkling AT&T Park hosts the Nationals for a three-game series beginning tonight.
As team executives huddled up in their draft war room in Washington tonight, the Nationals themselves are 3,000 miles away, ready to open a three-game series with the Giants in San Francisco.
The challenge in the series opener (Tim Lincecum) is daunting, but the Nats have actually enjoyed success against the ace. Washington has won its last three head-to-head match-ups with Lincecum, with the right-hander actually taking the loss the last two times (including April 29 in the District).
John Lannan starts for the Nationals, and though he's pitched well against the Giants in two previous encounters (1.98 ERA over 13 2/3 innings) he's yet to earn a win. The lefty has been the victim of poor run support — he took a 2-1 loss to Jonathan Sanchez on April 30.
I won't be making the rest of this West Coast trip, but I'll have full draft coverage here tonight, so check back for that and then enjoy the late-night game in San Francisco…
NATIONALS at GIANTS
Where: AT&T Park
Gametime: 10:15 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 188
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 51 degrees, Wind 10 mph out to CF
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
LF Laynce Nix
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giolito & Turner, Nats' farm system ranked highly by Baseball America
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen