Jun 7, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
PHOENIX — Some thoughts to share on this Tuesday morning as you contemplate how the Nationals managed to blow last night's game in San Francisco and as I contemplate my upcoming flight home to D.C…
– Turns out Bryce Harper's leg injury wasn't serious at all. After taking a fastball off his lower right leg in the first inning Sunday afternoon at Hagerstown, the kid was back in the lineup last night against Greensboro. And he promptly crushed his 14th homer of the season. And then as he was about to cross the plate, he blew a kiss to Greensboro pitcher Zachary Neal. Yes, he blew a kiss to the opposing pitcher. Don't believe me? Click on the above video from Comcast SportsNet and leave your comments below.
– Speaking of big-name players in the minor leagues, Ryan Zimmerman took his rehab stint show to Potomac last night and went 2-for-3 with a double. So if you're keeping track of such things, Zim is now 4-for-5 with two doubles, a triple and a walk in two rehab games. It would appear his bat is perfectly ready to come off the DL. But that doesn't mean he's ready to return quite yet. Zimmerman's bigger issue right now is in the field. He admits he's still a little sore making
Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 4:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats blast King Felix, open series vs. Mariners with win
- Zimmermann, Nats get huge test with King Felix out in Seattle
- Nats extend contract with Single-A Hagerstown
- The Baseball Show: Williams for Manager of the Year?
- MLB Power Rankings: L.A. Angels flying high
- Mariners will have familiar face as manager vs. Nats this weekend
- Nats extend deal with Auburn Doubledays of NYP League
- Baseball in the District - MLB radio's Casey Stern & Todd Dybas
- Reason to worry about Nats after 3-game sweep?
- Back-to-back struggles by Fister surprise Nats