Jun 7, 2011, 11:01 PM EST
Three hundred and sixty-four days ago, Stephen Strasburg was in Washington, full of nervous anticipation for his major-league debut the following night. Little did the right-hander know how things would progress that night, nor how things would progress over the next year.
This afternoon, speaking to reporters on a conference call from Viera, Fla., where he continues to rehab following Tommy John surgery on his right elbow, Strasburg made it clear he doesn't think much about what happened one year ago but rather what will be happening in the future.
"I haven't really thought about it much, to be honest," he said when asked about the one-year anniversary of his 14-strikeout debut. "It was an amazing experience, but it's kind of foggy right now. I'm really focused on living in the now. I've got a lot of work to do, and I've got a lot of work ahead of me. My goal right now is to get back to 100 percent, go out there and fill up the stadium like I did on that day."
Strasburg had the ligament replacement surgery Sept. 3, and he remains on schedule in his recovery. He recently began throwing off a bullpen mound, and though he's only throwing 30 to 40 fastballs atRead more »
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- PHOTO: Max Scherzer takes out full-page ad to thank Tigers fans
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon
- Former Nats pitcher Ross Ohlendorf follows Detwiler to Rangers
- PHOTOS: Bryce Harper attends Clippers game, meets Blake Griffin
- Big decisions to make for Nats after Scherzer signing
- Scherzer talked to Fister, Thornton before joining Nationals
- Ichiro Suzuki, former Nats OF Jonny Gomes land in NL East