Jun 10, 2011, 11:30 PM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jason Marquis faces Mat Latos tonight at Petco Park.
News flash: Stephen Strasburg was throwing off a mound at Petco Park earlier today, wearing a full Nationals uniform. Reality: The San Diego native merely took this opportunity to go home for a few days and throw a light bullpen session in front of Nats coaches and trainers.
Oh well, we'll just have to wait until September (or later) for Strasburg to officially be back pitching in a big-league game. Tonight, Jason Marquis starts for the Nationals, coming off his unusual outing in Arizona in which he pretty much dominated for five innings before getting ejected in the sixth after plunking Justin Upton in the ribs.
The Padres counter with Mat Latos, a tough, young right-hander who has been mighty tough on the Nationals in his brief career: 3-0, 1.93 ERA in three starts. Latos was born in Alexandria, and though he moved at a young age and grew up in Florida, he's still got close relatives in the D.C. area.
It'll be another late-night affair on the West Coast, but at least it's the weekend now. Enjoy the game and the conversation…
NATIONALS at PADRES
Where: Petco Park
Gametime: 10:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 187
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 65 degrees, Wind 7 mph LF to RF
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
LF Laynce Nix
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nationals split-squads face Braves, Cardinals
- Roark makes emergency start vs. Astros
- Fister scratched from start with elbow inflammation
- Doug Flutie took batting practice at Nats spring training (VIDEO)
- Marlins complain about Red Sox spring lineup, get apology
- Dr. Jobe's impact on baseball was immeasurable
- Zimmermann throws three scoreless in Nats' 3-2 loss
- Zimmermann squares off with Braves again
- 2014 Washington Nationals fantasy baseball preview
- Phillies Cole Hamels suffers setback, April looks doubtful