Jun 10, 2011, 8:33 PM EST
Updated at 5:25 p.m.
It's unclear how severe Kimball's injury is or when it occurred, but the rookie right-hander entered with the bases loaded in the sixth inning of last night's loss in San Diego and immediately walked pinch-hitter Kyle Phillips on five pitches to force in a run. He wound up facing two more Padres batters and induced flyouts from each before departing.
Kimball, 25, has impressed overall since his promotion, posting a 1.93 ERA in 12 relief appearances, though he has issued 11 walks in 14 innings.
Mattheus wasn't much on the club's radar during spring training, but the right-hander quickly thrust himself into the mix once the season began, going a combined 2-1 with a 1.46 ERA in 22 appearances between Syracuse and Class AA Harrisburg. He did not allow a run inRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Stephen Strasburg's contract year
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- Report: All-Star catcher Lucroy has Nats on no-trade list
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Max Scherzer more important in Year 2
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: An important year for Wilson Ramos
- NL East: Phillies add new alternate uniform for 2016 (PHOTOS)
- NL East: Marlins interested in adding another starting pitcher