Jun 10, 2011, 8:33 PM EDT
Updated at 5:25 p.m.
It's unclear how severe Kimball's injury is or when it occurred, but the rookie right-hander entered with the bases loaded in the sixth inning of last night's loss in San Diego and immediately walked pinch-hitter Kyle Phillips on five pitches to force in a run. He wound up facing two more Padres batters and induced flyouts from each before departing.
Kimball, 25, has impressed overall since his promotion, posting a 1.93 ERA in 12 relief appearances, though he has issued 11 walks in 14 innings.
Mattheus wasn't much on the club's radar during spring training, but the right-hander quickly thrust himself into the mix once the season began, going a combined 2-1 with a 1.46 ERA in 22 appearances between Syracuse and Class AA Harrisburg. He did not allow a run inRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera
- Harper sidelined as Nats' injuries continue to mount
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig
- Scherzer dominates Cardinals' "A" lineup
- Harper on criticism, hopes for 2015: 'I want to do damage'