Jun 10, 2011, 8:33 PM EST
Updated at 5:25 p.m.
It's unclear how severe Kimball's injury is or when it occurred, but the rookie right-hander entered with the bases loaded in the sixth inning of last night's loss in San Diego and immediately walked pinch-hitter Kyle Phillips on five pitches to force in a run. He wound up facing two more Padres batters and induced flyouts from each before departing.
Kimball, 25, has impressed overall since his promotion, posting a 1.93 ERA in 12 relief appearances, though he has issued 11 walks in 14 innings.
Mattheus wasn't much on the club's radar during spring training, but the right-hander quickly thrust himself into the mix once the season began, going a combined 2-1 with a 1.46 ERA in 22 appearances between Syracuse and Class AA Harrisburg. He did not allow a run inRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Granderson, Mets reach $60M, 4-yr deal
- Could Michael Morse return to the National League?
- Nate McLouth gives Nats depth & insurance
- Nats still have things to do at Winter Meetings
- Napoli, Red Sox agree on 2-year, $32M deal
- Nats 1B Adam LaRoche to join USO Holiday Tour
- Carlos Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Nationals sign outfielder McLouth to 2-year deal
- Phillies looking to trade CL Jonathan Papelbon
- Mariners sign Robinson Cano to 10-year, $240 million deal