Jun 12, 2011, 5:31 PM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats try to win this series from the Padres at Petco Park.
Two amazing things to consider about the Nationals right now: 1) Their last three wins (and five of their last eight wins) have all been by a score of 2-1, and 2) Ten games into this West Coast trip, they've yet to commit one error. Here's another impressive note to consider: A victory today would send the Nats home with a 6-5 record on this road trip. Not bad, all things considered.
With Jordan Zimmermann (seven straight quality starts) on the mound, the Nationals have to like their chances today. They will, however, be fielding a depleted lineup. Ian Desmond is sitting with a sore thigh (you might have noticed him struggling a bit to get around the bases last night) and Roger Bernadina is again out with a sore hamstring.
Jim Riggleman is going with the unconventional, new lineup again. Jayson Werth leads off. Zimmermann hits eighth. Alex Cora, starting at shortstop in Desmond's place, bats ninth.
Enjoy the final game of the trip — I'll be back covering the team live and in person Tuesday against the Cardinals…
NATIONALS at PADRES
Where: Petco Park
Gametime: 4:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 187
Weather: Partly cloudy, 67 degrees, Wind 9 mph out to RF
RF Jayson Werth
2B Danny Espinosa
LF Laynce Nix
1B Michael Morse
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giolito & Turner, Nats' farm system ranked highly by Baseball America
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Rivero build off strong rookie year?
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?