Jun 14, 2011, 7:10 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
After a long (and successful road trip) the Nats are back home for a while.
Hello from Nationals Park — it's been a while. It's also been a while since we last saw Ryan Zimmerman, but he's officially back and in tonight's lineup, batting third and playing third.
The corresponding roster move is a bit of a surprise: Craig Stammen has been optioned to Class AAA Syracuse, leaving the Nationals with only six relievers for the time being. We'll find out from Jim Riggleman and/or Mike Rizzo the exact logic here, but my guess is they're concerned about Roger Bernadina (hamstring) and Ian Desmond (thigh) are not 100 percent, so they'd rather keep an extra position player on the bench (ie. Brian Bixler) just in case.
As for the rest of the lineup tonight … Jayson Werth is again hitting leadoff, though Desmond is batting between him and Zimmerman. (I kind of figured if Werth was leading off, Zimmerman would bat second.) Yunesky Maya will bat eighth, and Jerry Hairston (moving to left field) will bat ninth.
Plenty of updates to come, so please check back…
CARDINALS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 189
Weather: Mostly sunny, 73 degrees, Wind 10 mph LF to RF
RF Jayson Werth
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats announce McLouth signing, DFA Corey Brown
- MLB's Rangers draft NFL quarterback Russell Wilson
- PHOTO: Jerry Blevins very excited to be a National
- Nationals lose catcher Nieto in Rule 5 draft
- Michael Morse signs with San Francisco Giants
- MLB rules committee votes to outlaw home plate collisions
- 3 deals in 10 days leave Nats in good shape
- Rizzo: Blevins was Nationals' best option
- Former Nats OF Jerry Hairston, Jr. retires from MLB
- Nats get lefty Blevins from A's for prospect