Jun 14, 2011, 7:10 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
After a long (and successful road trip) the Nats are back home for a while.
Hello from Nationals Park — it's been a while. It's also been a while since we last saw Ryan Zimmerman, but he's officially back and in tonight's lineup, batting third and playing third.
The corresponding roster move is a bit of a surprise: Craig Stammen has been optioned to Class AAA Syracuse, leaving the Nationals with only six relievers for the time being. We'll find out from Jim Riggleman and/or Mike Rizzo the exact logic here, but my guess is they're concerned about Roger Bernadina (hamstring) and Ian Desmond (thigh) are not 100 percent, so they'd rather keep an extra position player on the bench (ie. Brian Bixler) just in case.
As for the rest of the lineup tonight … Jayson Werth is again hitting leadoff, though Desmond is batting between him and Zimmerman. (I kind of figured if Werth was leading off, Zimmerman would bat second.) Yunesky Maya will bat eighth, and Jerry Hairston (moving to left field) will bat ninth.
Plenty of updates to come, so please check back…
CARDINALS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 189
Weather: Mostly sunny, 73 degrees, Wind 10 mph LF to RF
RF Jayson Werth
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sign Uggla to minor-league deal
- Significant moment No. 6: Nats win 10 in a row
- Jimmy Rollins: Phillies have missed Werth since he signed with Nats
- Significant moment No. 7: Williams benches Harper
- Significant moment No. 8: Span breaks hit record
- Nats sign veteran infielder Stewart to minor deal
- Ex-Nats pitcher Haren really doesn't want to pitch for the Marlins
- Significant moment No. 9: Soriano out, Storen in
- Nats sign veteran Heath Bell to minor-league deal
- Report: Phillies may target Cabrera to replace Rollins