Jun 15, 2011, 7:35 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Livan Hernandez faces Kyle McClellan tonight at Nationals Park.
It's been 21 months since the Nationals last boasted a five-game winning streak, that seven-game upswing to end the 2009 season with 59 victories. Tonight, they've got a chance to make it five in a row in mid-June, hoping to win another one against the Cardinals.
Livan Hernandez takes the mound for the Nats, hoping to bounce back from a rare off-night in San Diego. The big guy has struggled in recent years against St. Louis, posting a 7.13 ERA in his last three head-to-head encounters.
Livo will be opposed by right-hander Kyle McClellan (just activated off the DL today), who will face a lineup that again has Jayson Werth leading off and the pitcher batting eighth. Roger Bernadina is the No. 2 hitter this evening. Ian Desmond has the honor of batting ninth, behind Livo.
Updates to come…
CARDINALS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 186
Weather: Sunny, 79 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to RF
RF Jayson Werth
CF Roger Bernadina
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Laynce Nix
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- FAA to Nationals: Using drones not allowed
- Detwiler will open season in Nationals' bullpen
- Roark leads Nats into Lakeland to face Tigers
- Phillies Rollins won't waive no-trade clause with record in sight
- Former Nats reliever Bill Bray retiring from baseball
- Souza, Solis, Goodwin among Nationals' latest cuts
- Zimmerman gets first taste of first base
- Zimmermann gives up first run as Nats split squad loses 2-1
- Nats acquire IF Brandon Laird from Royals
- Zimmermann, Gio pitch in Nats split-squad games