Jun 15, 2011, 4:19 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Yunesky Maya faces an uncertain future after another shaky start last night.
In writing about last night's 8-6 win, I wound up focusing almost entirely on two half-innings: The bottom of the seventh, when the Nationals rallied to score six runs, and the top of the ninth, when Drew Storen intentionally walked Albert Pujols and got Lance Berkman to end the game.
There was, of course, plenty else going on during that wildly entertaining ballgame. So as you pull out your lunchboxes and enjoy leftovers of whatever you are for dinner last night, here are some leftovers from last night's game to chew on as well…
Has the Cuban right-hander's time run out? He certainly hasn't done much of anything to warrant another opportunity after another stinker last night. For the sixth time in nine career starts, Maya failed to reach the sixth inning. For the third time in four starts this season, he failed to get out of the fifth.
Remember, in only six of the Nationals' 67 games this year has the starting pitcher been unable to complete five innings. Maya was theRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- David Price breaks Max Scherzer's record with contract
- With Zimmermann gone, what happens to Nats rotation?
- Jordan Zimmermann introduced by Detroit Tigers
- Report: Marlins could hire Barry Bonds to coaching staff
- Zimmermann agreed to a surprising contract with Detroit
- Report: Nats, Mets and Braves all chasing two-time All-Star
- Appreciating Jordan Zimmermann’s Nationals career
- PHOTOS: Zimmermann’s Nats career through the years
- Did Zimmermann sign with Tigers at a discount?
- Jordan Zimmermann signs free agent deal with Tigers