Jun 16, 2011, 7:39 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats go for the sweep and a six-game winning streak tonight.
The Nationals don't often find themselves in this situation: Winners of five straight, with a chance to sweep a front-line opponent. Yet here they stand entering tonight's game against the Cardinals.
Can the resurgent lineup keep it up after scoring 18 combined runs the last two nights? Jim Riggleman isn't tinkering with much these days; he's using the same starting nine as last night except for Wilson Ramos behind the plate and John Lannan on the mound.
Speaking of Lannan, he's been on the best roll of his career, having allowed only two total earned runs over his last four starts. He'll be seeking to get his record (4-5) back to .500 with a win tonight.
Updates to come…
CARDINALS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 186
Weather: Thunderstorms, 75 degrees, Wind out to LF
RF Jayson Werth
CF Roger Bernadina
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Laynce Nix
ON THE RADIO
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Does Saltalamacchia show the Marlins are serious for 2014?
- VIDEO: Analysis of Fister trade
- Non-tendered players could interest Nats
- Yankees, Ellsbury near $153M, 7-yr deal
- Fister "excited" about trade to Nationals
- Rizzo discusses Fister trade and more Nats news
- Hard not to like Fister trade for Nationals
- Nats re-sign Ohlendorf, tender contracts to 8 others
- Nats acquire Fister in 4-player trade with Tigers
- Pirates acquire catcher Chris Stewart from Yankees