Jun 16, 2011, 7:39 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats go for the sweep and a six-game winning streak tonight.
The Nationals don't often find themselves in this situation: Winners of five straight, with a chance to sweep a front-line opponent. Yet here they stand entering tonight's game against the Cardinals.
Can the resurgent lineup keep it up after scoring 18 combined runs the last two nights? Jim Riggleman isn't tinkering with much these days; he's using the same starting nine as last night except for Wilson Ramos behind the plate and John Lannan on the mound.
Speaking of Lannan, he's been on the best roll of his career, having allowed only two total earned runs over his last four starts. He'll be seeking to get his record (4-5) back to .500 with a win tonight.
Updates to come…
CARDINALS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 186
Weather: Thunderstorms, 75 degrees, Wind out to LF
RF Jayson Werth
CF Roger Bernadina
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Laynce Nix
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett
- Nats sign pair of veterans to minor-league deals