Jun 17, 2011, 7:39 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Battle of the Beltways resumes tonight at Nationals Park.
With a win tonight — their seventh straight — the Nationals would match their longest winning streak since the final week of the 2009 season. And who better to attempt to do that against than their interleague rivals from just up the road? Yes, it's part two of the Battle of the Beltways, and this time there's a little more on the line than in previous years, with both clubs trying to reach the elusive .500 mark.
Jason Marquis returns to the mound tonight after completing his five-game MLB suspension. He's in search of his team-leading eighth victory, and he'll be opposed by rookie left-hander Zach Britton, making his first career appearance against the Nats.
The hottest lineup in baseball — 25 runs scored in three days — is pretty much intact. Only the usual tweakings for a left-handed starter, which means Ian Desmond and Roger Bernadina swap spots and Jerry Hairston starts in left field over Laynce Nix.
Plenty of updates to come…
ORIOLES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
TV: MASN, MASN2
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), WTEM (980 AM), XM 187
Weather: Chance of storms, 82 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to RF
RF Jayson Werth
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Watching baseball with Obama
- Report: Nats 'making progress' in trade for All-Star closer
- Around the NL East: Are Mets moves enough to catch Nats?
- Troy Tulowitzki traded to AL East team in blockbuster deal
- Where will Nationals get their relief from?
- Werth officially set to return from DL vs. Miami
- Nats' NL East rival trades for former fan favorite Clippard
- State of the Nats: Thinking big before the trade deadline?
- Strasburg to take big step in rehab on Wednesday
- Report: Padres wanted ex-prospect back from Nats in Kimbrel trade