Jun 17, 2011, 7:39 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Battle of the Beltways resumes tonight at Nationals Park.
With a win tonight — their seventh straight — the Nationals would match their longest winning streak since the final week of the 2009 season. And who better to attempt to do that against than their interleague rivals from just up the road? Yes, it's part two of the Battle of the Beltways, and this time there's a little more on the line than in previous years, with both clubs trying to reach the elusive .500 mark.
Jason Marquis returns to the mound tonight after completing his five-game MLB suspension. He's in search of his team-leading eighth victory, and he'll be opposed by rookie left-hander Zach Britton, making his first career appearance against the Nats.
The hottest lineup in baseball — 25 runs scored in three days — is pretty much intact. Only the usual tweakings for a left-handed starter, which means Ian Desmond and Roger Bernadina swap spots and Jerry Hairston starts in left field over Laynce Nix.
Plenty of updates to come…
ORIOLES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
TV: MASN, MASN2
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), WTEM (980 AM), XM 187
Weather: Chance of storms, 82 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to RF
RF Jayson Werth
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Scouts for several teams in attendance at Hamels' 1st spring game
- Zimmermann solid, Moore on fire in Florida
- Matt Harvey returns to mound in Mets' spring game
- Escobar having stiff back examined by doctor
- Marlins spending lots of money off the field, as well as on it
- Nationals hit the road to face Braves
- Zimmerman passes first test at first base
- Rendon reflects on first full pro season
- Giants lose Hunter Pence to significant injury
- Scherzer "happy" with first start of spring