Jun 17, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Sunday, 1:35 p.m. — RHP Chris Jakubauskas (1-0, 5.09) vs. LHP Tom Gorzelanny (2-4, 4.25)
TV: MASN, MASN2, Ch. 50 Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM
A season of ups and downs in Baltimore is currently in another downward spiral. Though the Orioles beat the Blue Jays yesterday to snap a 16-game losing streak in Toronto, they needed that 4-3 victory to avoid their fifth straight loss overall. More significantly, they saw their coaching staff undergo a surprising overhaul this week when pitching coach Mark Connor resigned citing personal reasons.
Connor had been manager Buck Showalter's right-hand man in New York, Arizona and Texas previously, so his sudden departure does throw a wrench into the club's overall plan moving forward. Bullpen coach Rick Adair was promoted to pitching coach, and longtime hittingRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals try to get back on track in Miami
- Lack of late-inning execution holding back Nats
- Marlins 3, Nats 2: Familiar storyline leads to loss
- Intentional or not, Harper leads MLB in walks
- Nationals open long road trip in Miami
- MLB Power Rankings: Mets, Padres surprising early
- 'Baseball in the District' - Tom Schad of the Washington Times
- What have we learned about the Nats so far?
- Scherzer jams thumb in another solid outing despite Nats' loss
- Zimmerman dealing with plantar fasciitis