Jun 18, 2011, 2:53 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats look to make it eight in a row today at Nationals Park.
How do you keep a winning streak going? By not tinkering with success. Jim Riggleman never intended to make his pitcher-hitting-eighth idea a permanent one. But the Nationals haven't lost since the manager used the unconventional lineup for the first time last weekend in San Diego.
So, no reason to start making tweaks now. Jayson Werth remains in the leadoff spot today against the Orioles, and Jordan Zimmermann will bat eighth. Only change from last night is a swap of catchers, with Ivan Rodriguez behind the plate.
Brian Matusz, who has struggled since returning from the DL, starts for Baltimore. He'll face a stiff challenge in baseball's hottest team. With a victory today, the Nats would match their second-longest winning streak since arriving in the District.
Plenty of updates to come…
ORIOLES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
TV: MASN, MASN2
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), WTEM (980 AM), XM 189
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 84 degrees, Wind 5 mph out to RF
RF Jayson Werth
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
SAT: Nats at Phillies, 7:15 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Phillies, 1:35 p.m.
MON: All-Star break
TUE: All-Star Game at Minneapolis, 8 p.m.
WED: All-Star break
THU: All-Star break
FRI: Brewers at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg faces Hamels in pitching showdown
- Nats have zero All-Stars after Zimmermann replaced
- Harper homers but still battling out of slump
- Nats lose Zimmermann, fall to Phillies 6-2
- Zimmermann hopeful biceps cramp isn't serious
- Ian Desmond out but expects to return Saturday
- The Baseball Show: Analyzing the Nationals' first half
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - CSNbaltimore's Rich Dubroff
- X-rays negative on Desmond's hand after shortstop left game
- Nats, Orioles see promise in Beltway Series ahead of Aug. 4 rematch