Video: John Wall’s terrible first pitch

Jun 20, 2011, 4:35 PM EDT

John Wall has the ability to do a lot of things with a basketball in his hands. With a baseball? Not so much.

The Wizards point guard threw out the ceremonial first pitch before Friday night’s game at Nationals Park, and as you can see, it required a spectacular effort from Drew Storen merely to snag the errant throw.

In case you missed it, here’s video of Wall’s terrible pitch from CSNwashington.com. Please leave your comments below.

1. Doc - Jun 20, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Both Wall and Obama will need to go to extended ST, and then be placed on the Vermount reserve team. I'd say both are 10-20 years from making it to baseball Bigs!

2. Frank Hall - Jun 20, 2011 at 4:48 PM

That’s unbelievable. The only thing worse is Carl Lewis’ attempt.

3. natsfan1a - Jun 20, 2011 at 4:53 PM

Juuust a little bit short, but I wouldn't be able to do it either. I think he's a stand-up guy for answering the tough questions after. :-)

4. NatsJack in Florida - Jun 20, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Kinda reminded me of Daniel Cabrera.

5. NatsNut - Jun 20, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Poor guy. It would be cute if he's as good a sport about it as Caron Butler was. http://tinyurl.com/44828s8

6. SonnyG10 - Jun 20, 2011 at 11:38 PM

I know how he feels. I've played baseball most of my younger life…pee wee, little league, pony league, American Legeion, UVa, and semipro league. Then I didn't play, or even throw a baseball for 20 years or so. One day my company was having a picnic and they had a softball toss dunk machine and I decided to give it a try. My throws were very much like Wall's and it was embarassing. I had no idea how bad I had become.

7. Glomp - Jun 21, 2011 at 1:43 AM

I was just glad Storen didn't bust his elbow on the play.

8. Unkyd - Jun 21, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Phew…! I expected to see some Anonsense about Zim and Sasser…