Video: John Wall’s terrible first pitch

Jun 20, 2011, 4:35 PM EDT

John Wall has the ability to do a lot of things with a basketball in his hands. With a baseball? Not so much.

The Wizards point guard threw out the ceremonial first pitch before Friday night’s game at Nationals Park, and as you can see, it required a spectacular effort from Drew Storen merely to snag the errant throw.

In case you missed it, here’s video of Wall’s terrible pitch from Please leave your comments below.

1. Doc - Jun 20, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Both Wall and Obama will need to go to extended ST, and then be placed on the Vermount reserve team. I'd say both are 10-20 years from making it to baseball Bigs!

2. Frank Hall - Jun 20, 2011 at 4:48 PM

That’s unbelievable. The only thing worse is Carl Lewis’ attempt.

3. natsfan1a - Jun 20, 2011 at 4:53 PM

Juuust a little bit short, but I wouldn't be able to do it either. I think he's a stand-up guy for answering the tough questions after. :-)

4. NatsJack in Florida - Jun 20, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Kinda reminded me of Daniel Cabrera.

5. NatsNut - Jun 20, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Poor guy. It would be cute if he's as good a sport about it as Caron Butler was.

6. SonnyG10 - Jun 20, 2011 at 11:38 PM

I know how he feels. I've played baseball most of my younger life…pee wee, little league, pony league, American Legeion, UVa, and semipro league. Then I didn't play, or even throw a baseball for 20 years or so. One day my company was having a picnic and they had a softball toss dunk machine and I decided to give it a try. My throws were very much like Wall's and it was embarassing. I had no idea how bad I had become.

7. Glomp - Jun 21, 2011 at 1:43 AM

I was just glad Storen didn't bust his elbow on the play.

8. Unkyd - Jun 21, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Phew…! I expected to see some Anonsense about Zim and Sasser…

As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...

FRI: 5:30 p.m.

*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at Click here for past audio clips.