Jun 21, 2011, 1:51 PM EDT
Thursday, 1:05 p.m. — RHP Michael Pineda (7-4, 2.64) vs. RHP Jason Marquis (7-2, 3.86)
TV: MASN Radio: 1500 AM, 1580 AM
Seattle makes its first trip to D.C. in six years on something of a roll, having won three of its last four (including two of three from the Phillies over the weekend). Boasting a fantastic pitching staff (and a terrible lineup), the Mariners have managed to stick around the AL West race and enter this series two games over .500 and two games behind the Rangers.
It all starts with a rotation that features five starters with ERAs under 4.00. The Nationals catch a break this week in missing reigning AL Cy Young Award winner Felix Hernandez, but that doesn't mean they'll be facing chump change. Doug Fister has recorded seven quality starts (though he's lost three straight). Former Oriole Erik Bedard isRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper has rough week
- How secure is struggling Jordan's rotation spot?
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels
- Pujols launches 500th homer at Nationals' expense
- Who is the Nats best 8th inning option?
- Fister pitches 3 innings, on track for May 7 return
- Nats Game Thread: No rest for Desmond
- Nationals recall Barrett, send Cedeno to AAA
- Clippard: "No one is going to feel sorry for me" (VIDEO)
- Desmond, Clippard unravel in eighth inning of Nats' loss