Jun 21, 2011, 1:51 PM EST
Thursday, 1:05 p.m. — RHP Michael Pineda (7-4, 2.64) vs. RHP Jason Marquis (7-2, 3.86)
TV: MASN Radio: 1500 AM, 1580 AM
Seattle makes its first trip to D.C. in six years on something of a roll, having won three of its last four (including two of three from the Phillies over the weekend). Boasting a fantastic pitching staff (and a terrible lineup), the Mariners have managed to stick around the AL West race and enter this series two games over .500 and two games behind the Rangers.
It all starts with a rotation that features five starters with ERAs under 4.00. The Nationals catch a break this week in missing reigning AL Cy Young Award winner Felix Hernandez, but that doesn't mean they'll be facing chump change. Doug Fister has recorded seven quality starts (though he's lost three straight). Former Oriole Erik Bedard isRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Jimmy Rollins: Phillies have missed Werth since he signed with Nats
- Significant moment No. 7: Williams benches Harper
- Significant moment No. 8: Span breaks hit record
- Nats sign veteran infielder Stewart to minor deal
- Ex-Nats pitcher Haren really doesn't want to pitch for the Marlins
- Significant moment No. 9: Soriano out, Storen in
- Nats sign veteran Heath Bell to minor-league deal
- Report: Phillies may target Cabrera to replace Rollins
- Significant moment No. 10: Roark makes rotation
- USO tour was "life-changing" for Nats' Fister