Jun 21, 2011, 1:51 PM EDT
Thursday, 1:05 p.m. — RHP Michael Pineda (7-4, 2.64) vs. RHP Jason Marquis (7-2, 3.86)
TV: MASN Radio: 1500 AM, 1580 AM
Seattle makes its first trip to D.C. in six years on something of a roll, having won three of its last four (including two of three from the Phillies over the weekend). Boasting a fantastic pitching staff (and a terrible lineup), the Mariners have managed to stick around the AL West race and enter this series two games over .500 and two games behind the Rangers.
It all starts with a rotation that features five starters with ERAs under 4.00. The Nationals catch a break this week in missing reigning AL Cy Young Award winner Felix Hernandez, but that doesn't mean they'll be facing chump change. Doug Fister has recorded seven quality starts (though he's lost three straight). Former Oriole Erik Bedard isRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats hope to bounce back in Miami with Fister starting
- Nats Stock Watch: Starting pitchers scuffling
- Biggest key to Papelbon trade is Storen
- One MLB columnist expects Lucas Giolito to be dominant in 2020
- Fernandez remains perfect in Miami, Marlins top Nats 4-1
- Tyler Clippard says chasing down the 'beatable' Nats will be 'a lot of fun'
- Nationals acquire Jonathan Papelbon for minor leaguer
- Werth, Zimmerman activated off DL
- Watching baseball with Obama
- Report: Nats 'making progress' in trade for All-Star closer