Jun 22, 2011, 3:42 PM EDT
Still aglow more than 13 hours after Wilson Ramos' titanic blast capped the Nationals' remarkable, 6-5 victory over the Mariners? You're probably not alone. And if you need a mid-day, pick-me-up, just re-watch the Ramos homer and listen to the various calls, from Johnny Holliday and F.P. Santangelo on MASN to Charlie Slowes and Dave Jageler on 106.7 FM to Dave Sims and Mike Blowers on FSN Northwest. Slightly different takes from the winning and losing sides.
As you know by now, that was by far the largest ninth-inning comeback in Nationals history. Never before since they arrived in D.C. had they rallied from more than two runs down in the ninth to win, let alone four.
So that, on its own merits, made last night's game one of the best wins in the brief history of the Nats. But was it the best win in Nats history?
Think back to the more remarkable victories over the last 6 1/2 seasons. It's hard to think of a more-jarring win, one that appearedRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Phillies, 7:15 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Phillies, 1:35 p.m.
MON: All-Star break
TUE: All-Star Game at Minneapolis, 8 p.m.
WED: All-Star break
THU: All-Star break
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- X-rays negative on Desmond's hand after shortstop left game
- Instant Analysis: Orioles 4, Nats 3
- Do the Nationals have a pitching ace? (VIDEO)
- Who is the most underrated Nationals player? (VIDEO)
- Williams tries to keep Nats bench fresh; more on Harper, Rendon
- Nationals at the break: Who's been MVP, biggest surprise?
- Gio, Nationals look for series win over Orioles and win No. 50
- Doug Fister battles way to win over Baltimore
- Healthy Nationals get a healthy win (VIDEO)
- Even when he looks shaky, Nationals trust Fister (VIDEO)