Jun 22, 2011, 3:42 PM EDT
Still aglow more than 13 hours after Wilson Ramos' titanic blast capped the Nationals' remarkable, 6-5 victory over the Mariners? You're probably not alone. And if you need a mid-day, pick-me-up, just re-watch the Ramos homer and listen to the various calls, from Johnny Holliday and F.P. Santangelo on MASN to Charlie Slowes and Dave Jageler on 106.7 FM to Dave Sims and Mike Blowers on FSN Northwest. Slightly different takes from the winning and losing sides.
As you know by now, that was by far the largest ninth-inning comeback in Nationals history. Never before since they arrived in D.C. had they rallied from more than two runs down in the ninth to win, let alone four.
So that, on its own merits, made last night's game one of the best wins in the brief history of the Nats. But was it the best win in Nats history?
Think back to the more remarkable victories over the last 6 1/2 seasons. It's hard to think of a more-jarring win, one that appearedRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats need Cole to come up big in MLB debut
- Martin optioned to AAA to make room for Cole
- The Baseball Show: Looking ahead to Rendon's return
- Bumgarner strongly disagrees with Scherzer's DH comments
- Can Nats channel emotion into something good?
- Nats fall to Braves, extend losing skid to six
- Nats fume at Simmons for injuring Escobar
- Cole debuting Tuesday in place of Scherzer
- Rendon scratched from minor league rehab game
- Marlins DFA former big free agent signing